What does a great Product Owner do?
As a Product Owner, you will report within the Product organization with responsibility for partnering with a core product team and technical delivery teams to execute against product features and requirements. Your role is part of a recently formed Digital team in Card Services. Digital transformation is accelerating in the payments space and the Digital team was formed to accelerate the development and adoption of elite digital payments products. Today, mobile apps are increasingly the consumer channel of choice to deliver digital capabilities in Financial Services and Payments.
As a Product Owner, you can look forward to:
- Elaborating the Features to User Story requirements and collaborating closely with the team during planning and review ceremonies.
- Handling the development back log and prioritization of product features and story requirements to maximize the product’s value to the business.
- Communicating the business intentions to development teams to drive clarity of purpose and software capabilities.
- Ensure the alignment of technical activities being worked on by the delivery team in sprints.
- Collaborating with core product team to mature backlog of features and functions to lead and manage with technical delivery teams.
- Defining acceptance criteria, user stories and ownership to accept and reject software
- Collaborating with business and operational teams to deploy capabilities
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- 5 or more years’ working experience.
- Basic understanding of software development with technical skill set to collaborate with technical teams
- Strong business analytic skills
- Ability to translate requirements effectively into executed deliverables.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Thorough experience in Product Management. Specific experience operating in a Product Owner role within an Agile methodology or subject matter expertise in the debit or credit card space.
- Proficient in presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree a plus.
- Background working in the EFT payments industry is desirable
- Knowledge in mobile applications that will enable functionality to service debit and credit card programs would be ideal but not required.
Who we are:
Card Services is the fastest growing division in Fiserv. Today, Card Services provides debit and credit processing to over 3,000 financial institutions with over 20 million cards. Card Services is focused on continued strong revenue growth and is committed to building outstanding consumer products while being a “partner in possibility” with our clients.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More