Manager, Technical Operations
Find Your Forward as a Manager of Technical Operations at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 member, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 22,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in financial services with deep expertise and a commitment to innovation. We support our team with a collaborative work environment that values leadership and new ideas. Members of our Technical Operations team thrive on this environment to build the solutions that power more than 13,000 banks and businesses worldwide.
In this role, you will help lead the team responsible for our core services. Your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s.
What does a great Manager of Technical Operations do?
With the role of Manager of Debit Production Support, you will assume a key position within the day-to-day operations of the Debit Technology Operations group of the Card Services business. As a hands-on Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of associates and contractors, assigned projects, the on-call escalation, service continuity and requests for immediate production or client assistance. In addition, you will work closely with product strategy, application delivery, service delivery, and the various technology groups to implement processes and operating procedures: monitor and triage problems, support the technology roadmap and address/improve technology debt and legacy solutions. Card Services offer a high performance culture where you must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and quickly in supporting critical transactional systems.
- Leader as the 24x7 point of escalation for production support, to diagnose and resolve complex customer issues in accessing critical authorization systems, vendor hosted and off the shelf solutions.
- Resolve operational issues by determining root cause and appropriate long term solution.
- Manage team talent via recruitment/development of high performing team members, setting clear expectations for and providing timely feedback on individual and team performance, and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Accountable for the integrity of production systems on a day-to-day basis, to ensure uninterrupted services and meeting SLAs.
- Ensure system events are assessed and worked aggressively with permanent resolution and/or follow-up tasks.
- Engage and collaborate with infrastructure engineering, development, business groups, and the vendors to perform product installations, and provide periodic/ongoing product health feedback.
- Process improvement and strategic engagements to eliminate repeat production issues, and improve issue detection.
- Work with senior leaders in the Client Services and Account Management organizations to improve customer satisfaction with the product/platform production environments with hopes of bettering the customer experience.
- Remove roadblocks preventing delivery of quality and technology initiatives throughout the organization and to our clients: refresh legacy infrastructure; shorten delivery timelines; quality and operational readiness; Systems validation.
- Perform effective performance evaluations and mentor associates through formal and informal interactions.
- Implement organizational efficiencies required for delivering on organizational commitments by defining policies critical to managing the department and to ensuring high standard service availability.
- Oversee technology engagement with vendors and with offshore resources that augment onshore staff.
- Apply ITSM and management fundamentals to structure department objectives, deliverables, and overall quality for all scheduled changes and project commitments.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- 10 years of technology experience with background in application development, production support, or equivalent technical area.
- Experienced in Agile and/or DevOps environments and leading through the culture transformation.
- Minimum of 7 years managing a production support department or associates responsible to critical systems.
- Must have full life-cycle development experience preferably in a financial services or banking organization.
- Experienced working in an Internet/distributed client server environment, including strong understanding of multi-tier architecture and infrastructure setups.
- Knowledge/Understanding of Tandem Systems, XML based Web Services, Splunk (a plus).
- Ability to provide mentoring and relevant training (technical and Service Management related) to employees for skill enhancement, personal growth and development.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to motivate and coach employees to perform at peak performance.
- Ability to influence and lead technical conversations with varied technology support groups, and must be capable of driving issue resolution on incident calls.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
Who we are:
With more than 1,200 associates in nine primary locations, Fiserv Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More