Director Production Control
As the Director of Production Control, you will assume a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Technology Operation group within Card Services’ IT Operations. You will be an Executive leader responsible for the design, transformation, and growth of all aspects of technology service management and systems availability. This leader will focus on the construction of key business and technology processes in the areas of: Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, and Capacity Management. This role also owns and directs the IT Service Desk function.
A hands-on candidate, you will be responsible for supervising teams of associates and contractors, assigned projects, on-call escalations, service continuity and requests for immediate production or client assistance. In addition, you will work closely with product strategy, development and the technology groups to develop processes and operating procedures: monitor and triage problems, support the technology roadmap and address technology debt. This is a high performance culture and you must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and quickly in supporting critical systems.
What does a great Director Production Control do?
- Work with the Vice President of Operations to develop and deliver an effective Strategic IT Plan, with an emphasis on leveraging IT Service Management processes and technologies to accomplish company objectives.
- Substantially contribute to the IT executive management team, offering industry best practices, efficient operational planning and delivery, and innovative thought leadership.
- Develop and adhere to an effective service management budget sufficient to execute the IT Strategic Plan while and maintaining continuous IT operations.
- Develop and maintain an IT asset inventory to track and mitigate the risks of IT assets that are approaching end of life status.
- Develop the vision, strategy, and leadership plan for service management and systems availability.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of IT Service Management personnel, including Incident, Problem and Change Associates as well as Capacity Management team.
- Recruit, develop and retain an excellent IT staff that enables exceptional member experience through technology delivery.
- Develop an optimal organizational structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities, including mentoring and career development of IT Service Management personnel.
- Develop and enforce appropriate policies, procedures, and resource management practices.
- Deliver world-class 24x7x365 systems availability and performance through effective Incident Management processes, executive communications, and return-to-service activities.
- Direct and enforce Change Management processes, ensuring controls and approvals are adhered to per defined policies and standards. Direct change scheduling to ensure minimum possible impact to credit union operations and members.
- Define and direct the technical processes for Problem Management in the resolution of complex system problems. Determine and report on root cause for all problem events.
- Proactively monitor and direct vendor service delivery per stated Service Level Agreements. Act as primary interface to suppliers during problem management and change management events. Perform all internal escalations and executive communications regarding system issues and service delays.
- Direct reviews of Incident and Problem data for trends and recurrence of issues, identifying opportunities to reduce the frequency and eliminate service impacting events.
- Direct and lead the Service Desk function, providing 24x7x365 support for internal and external client support. Direct improvements in first call resolution, ticket/call reduction, and seamless integration with the Major Incident Management process.
- Own and direct support of developing of workflows, dashboards, and process optimization.
- Establish and report monthly on effective, actionable metrics for all IT Service Management processes and Service Desk operations.
- Lead the IT Service Management teams to proactively identify and implement efficiency improvements and technology advancements that deliver tangible return for the credit union.
- Service Level Management - Meet or exceed defined service level agreements with both internal and external customers and service providers.
- Monitor and achieve the company’s stated availability and performance targets. Monitor and achieve functional business services to ensure company is able to conduct business during stated hours for each delivery channel.
- Participate in the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery processes
- Direct and lead a semi-annual testing of Disaster Recovery capabilities and Business Continuity preparedness for the online platform.
- Lead and direct post-mortem activities, action plan development, and executive reporting following each Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity exercise.
- Lead the Risk Applications Support team in 24x7 support of production applications, and participate in resolution of escalated incident calls.
- Oversee and ensure the integrity of the Risk application production systems on a day-to-day basis to ensure uninterrupted services and that SLAs are met
- Collaborate with Information Security to monitor usage, identify potential threats/risks, and to mitigate all security exposures through immediate actions, proactive changes, and technology updates.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux Java development support, shell scripting, and Oracle operations is required with experience troubleshooting of production applications within lower and upper multi-tier environments.
- Knowledge of current monitoring tools such as Splunk and ExtraHop, etc. and ability to create dashboards and reporting for teams to use to take action.
- Proficiency in Couchbase database and sync-gateway administration including Configuration, Database Security, Backup & Recovery, Replication, DB performance troubleshooting, and Advanced Tuning is a plus.
- Ensure the team provides capacity requirements for new or modified IT services
- Ensure team maintains an overall understanding of current service capacity and trends
- Ensures that performance testing is carried out on new and modified IT services
- Direct team to ensure that sufficient IT capacity is maintained.
- Oversee the production and maintenance of an enterprise Capacity Plan
- Ensures that capacity-related incidents and problems are addressed
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, or equivalent area
- 12+ years of IT service operations experience with at least five (5) years leading ITIL / IT Service Management teams and initiatives.
- 3+ years of experience as an IT Executive, working with senior executives on technology strategy development and execution.
- Must be at least ITIL v3 Foundation certified.
- Must have strong financial acumen and experience managing cross-functional, sourced, or matrixed teams, including third-party service providers.
- A high degree of poise and tact to represent Fiserv positively in outside contacts and with employees.
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Experience transitioning teams to an Agile Framework is a definite plus.
- Experience leading a production support team
Who We Are: With more than 1,200 associates in nine primary locations, Fiserv Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
Card Services by the Numbers:
- 3,200+ clients
- 1+ billion debit, credit, and ATM transactions processed
- 28,000 ATMs managed
- 50+ million accounts managed
- Our debit network is accessible at 3.6 million point-of-sale locations and 535,000 ATMs
- Handled $1+ million in commerce in our busiest minute this year
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More