You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 24,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company honored by FORTUNE Magazine as a Worlds Most Admired company 6 years running.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
I am about to complete a decade working at Fiserv and have grown from a Customer Service Associate to a Project Management Team Lead traversing through diverse roles. This was only possible because Fiserv cares for its associates, recognizes employee potential and offers mobility and growth options. I truly feel proud to be associated with an organization that invests in its employees relentlessly and provides a fertile ground to bloom one’s career.
Mrinal, Project Management Analyst
When you think of all of the real-life applications of the financial services, you pay your bills online, through your mobile phone, and you send money through your phone. When I’m online and doing my bill pay, it is so pleasant to recognize a real Fiserv product in a customer’s hands. It’s so fun knowing that you’re involved in helping to bring that service to life.
Schnell, Lead Pricing Strategist
As a product marketer, a lot of my responsibility is around the go-to-market activities of a new or existing product. Our goal is to increase awareness of the product; make sure that we’re educating our clients about the value, why they should get it, how is it going to help their end-users. We attend tradeshows, produce collateral, brochures, PowerPoints and anything we need to enable our sales team to talk to clients about our products. Developing these solutions really helps us think outside of the box and expand ourselves beyond what we thought we could do or even come up with. Seeing it all come to life is very awesome and impactful.
Shirra, Director, Product Marketing
Benefits & Well-Being
Health / Medical / Vision
Standard for all associates
Stock Purchase Plan
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Health and Wellness
Programs that help promote a positive work environment
Flex Time / Working Arrangements
Work from home full/part time, virtual opportunities & more
To encourage associate professional development
Recharge & Refuel
A time off policy that encourages you to maximize well-being
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Technical Support Engineer - J2EE Do ?
Technical Support Engineer - J2EE will work on resolving production incidents for Dovetail client. Responsibilities include fixing, root cause analysis, communication with client via email and on the phone, raising the defects where necessary. To achieve the goal you will need to communicate with technical personnel on client side and Dovetail business analysts. The Dovetail Payment Services Hub is built on a 100% Java EE platform supplemented with extensive Dovetail frameworks, backed by Oracle database. The Technical Support Engineer will be capable of analyzing complex logic flows in a dynamic environment. This role liaises with project managers, lead developers, and business analysts. Client communication via email and over the phone required.
- Analyze production incidents without direct access to production system
- Discuss technical issues with business analysts in business terms
- Fix Java code, identify potential multithreading issues
- Proficient with J2EE platform, understand the concept, be able to quickly locate and process missing information
- Familiar with UNIX-based system, feel comfortable in Linux
- Build and optimize SQL queries in order to run on large databases efficiently
- Know or be willing to quickly learn Oracle database internals with the goal to analyze performance-related issues on the database side
- Participate in application performance testing and troubleshooting across whole software and hardware stack
- Recreate problem locally and able to debug the code to identify underlying defects
- Able to perform technical evaluation of the defects
- Understand the impact of changes across the application
- Operate effectively, and with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and escalate issues effectively
- Discusses aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
We are looking for an individual who has the extra level of aim to succeed despite obstacles and challenges, and a positive attitude favoring achievement of goals. You will be successful if demonstrate understanding of various technologies and be determined to continuously expand knowledge in functional and non-functional areas. You will possess a high level of dedication in carrying out the Company’s vision, mission and values.
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies such as XSLD and XPath
- Experience in developing Java EE applications on WebLogic or WebSphere
- Background in relational databases and experience with applications that utilize relational databases
- Knowledge or Oracle RDBMS specifics is large plus
- Deep understanding of SQL
- Knowledge of the Financial, Banking sector, specifically Payments Systems highly
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
Minimum 3 years of real-world professional experience in server-side Java development including the Java EE technologies (JDBC, EJB, and JMS)
BA, BS or MS degree
Who We Are:
Enterprise Payments Solutions provides best-in-class payments and liquidity management solutions that enable banks to simplify their infrastructure and deliver effective digital transformation. Solutions are available on premise or in the cloud, scalable up and down, across functional and volume needs and offer unrivalled customer and segment personalization. All are based on a single real-time architecture, providing flexibility for a bank in setting the pace of its modernization. Demonstrating the continuing investment from Dovetail and its world-leading client base, banks can rapidly achieve a measurable return on investment, increase strategic agility and operational excellence, optimize total cost of ownership and ensure regulatory compliance.
Dovetail solutions are underpinned by a strong track record of delivery excellence and a team of talented and trusted professionals who provide sector expertise and thought leadership. This drives Enterprise Payments Solutions’ reputation as highly professional, long-term partners for global and local clients.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.