Technical Support Engineer - J2EE
What does a great Technical Support Engineer - J2EE?
As a Fiserv Technical Support Engineer you will work on resolving production incidents for clients. In this role, you will provide root cause analysis, communicate with clients via email and phone, raising the defects where necessary. To achieve the goal, you will need to communicate with technical personnel on client side and internal business analysts. Our Payment Services Hub is built on a 100% Java EE platform supplemented with extensive frameworks, backed by Oracle database. You’ll need to analyze complex logic flows in a dynamic environment. You will collaborate with project managers, lead developers, and business analysts.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you can look forward to:
- Analyzing production incidents without direct access to production system
- Discussing technical issues with business analysts in business terms
- Fixing Java code, identifying potential multi-threading issues
- Use your proficiency with the J2EE platform, to understand the issues and be able to quickly locate and process missing information
- Building and optimizing SQL queries in order to run on large databases efficiently
- Participating in application performance testing and troubleshooting across software and hardware stack
- Recreating a problem locally and debugging the code to identify underlying defects
Are you able to perform technical evaluation of the defects? Do you understand the impact of changes across the application? If you love discussing aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns, this could be your next career move.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Experience with XML and related technologies such as XSLD and XPath
- Experience developing Java EE applications on WebLogic or WebSphere
- Experience with relational databases and experience with applications that utilize relational databases
- Experience working with UNIX-based system’s
- Know or be willing to quickly learn Oracle database internals with the goal to analyze performance-related issues on the database
- Deep understanding of SQL
- Experience working in the Financial, Banking sector, specifically Payments Systems
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years of real-world professional experience in server-side Java development including the Java EE technologies (JDBC, EJB, and JMS)
- Oracle RDBMS specifically working in a large environment is a plus
Who We Are: Enterprise Payments Solutions provides best-in-class payments and liquidity management solutions that enable banks to simplify their infrastructure and deliver effective digital transformation. Solutions are available on premise or in the cloud, scalable up and down, across functional and volume needs and offer unrivalled customer and segment personalization. All are based on a single real-time architecture, providing flexibility for a bank in setting the pace of its modernization. Demonstrating the continuing investment from Dovetail and its world-leading client base, banks can rapidly achieve a measurable return on investment, increase strategic agility and operational excellence, optimize total cost of ownership and ensure regulatory compliance. Dovetail solutions are underpinned by a strong background of delivery excellence and a team of hardworking and trusted professionals who provide sector expertise and thought leadership. This drives Enterprise Payments Solutions’ reputation as highly professional, long-term partners for global and local clients.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More