Java Development Engineer
What does a great Client Software Engineer do?
The Production Software Engineer will work on resolving production incidents for Dovetail client. Responsibilities include troubleshooting, root cause analysis, communication with client via email and on the phone, raising the defects where necessary. To achieve the goal candidate will need to communicate with technical personnel on client side and Dovetail business analysts. The Dovetail Payment Services Hub is built on a 100% Java EE platform supplemented with extensive Dovetail frameworks, backed by Oracle database. The Production Software Engineer must be capable of analyzing complex logic flows in a fast-paced environment. This role liaises with project managers, lead developers, and business analysts. Client communication via email and over the phone will be required.
- Analyze production incidents without direct access to production system
- Discuss technical issues with business analysts in business terms
- Troubleshoot Java code, identify potential multithreading issues
- Proficient with J2EE platform, understand the concept, be able to quickly locate and process missing information
- Familiar with UNIX-based system, feel comfortable in Linux
- Build and optimize SQL queries in order to run on large databases efficiently
- Know or be willing to quickly learn Oracle database internals with the goal to analyze performance-related issues on the database side
- Participate in application performance testing and troubleshooting across whole software and hardware stack
- Recreate problem locally and able to debug the code to identify underlying defects
- Able to perform technical evaluation of the defects
- Understand the impact of changes across the application
- Operate effectively, and with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and escalate issues effectively
- Discusses aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
We are looking for an individual who has the extra level of drive to succeed despite obstacles and challenges, and a positive attitude favoring achievement of goals. The successful candidate must demonstrate understanding of various technologies and be determined to continuously expand knowledge in functional and non-functional areas. You will possess a high level of commitment in carrying out the Company’s vision, mission and values.
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies such as XSLD and XPath
- Experience in developing Java EE applications on WebLogic or WebSphere
- Background in relational databases and experience with applications that utilize relational databases
- Knowledge or Oracle RDBMS specifics is large plus
- Good understanding of SQL
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and will have good writing and communication skills developing Relationship with clients,
- Demonstrated record developing successful applications that are highly integrated and reliable
- Ability to operate effectively, and with a sense of possibility, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of the Financial, Banking sector, specifically Payments Systems highly
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
Professional Services or experience in server-side Java development including the Java EE technologies (JDBC, EJB, and JMS)
BA, BS or MS degree
Available to travel worldwide.
Who We Are: Enterprise Payments Solutions provides best-in-class payments and liquidity management solutions that enable banks to simplify their infrastructure and deliver effective digital transformation. Solutions are available on premise or in the cloud, scalable up and down, across functional and volume needs and offer unrivalled customer and segment personalization. All are based on a single real-time architecture, providing flexibility for a bank in setting the pace of its modernization. Leveraging the continuing investment from Dovetail and its world-leading client base, banks can rapidly achieve a measurable return on investment, increase strategic agility and operational excellence, optimize total cost of ownership and ensure regulatory compliance.
Dovetail solutions are underpinned by a strong track record of delivery excellence and a team of talented and trusted professionals who provide sector expertise and thought leadership. This drives Enterprise Payments Solutions’ reputation as highly professional, long-term partners for global and local clients.
Find out more about what it is like to be part of the EPS team …
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More