Business System Analyst, Staff
What does a great Business Systems Analyst do?
As a Business Systems Analyst you will be a key member of the Internal Application Portfolio Team with the opportunity and responsibility to design and develop best of breed solutions. The Business Systems Analyst works as a primary interface between the Card Services Business, Technology teams, as well as across different Portfolios and other Fiserv Business Units. The Business Systems Analyst understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements, and formulates a solution to meet the requirements while fitting into the capabilities of our systems and resources. The skills and experience required for this job include BA/Requirements Management skills along with high-level Technical Design and solution skills, and thus it requires technical breadth and/or depth. It requires experience in formulating technical solutions and leading an Agile development teams towards that solution. Knowledge in the Card industry helps. While the role requires some traditional BA skills, it leans more towards the traditional Systems Analyst duties. Design experience needs to be evident.
As a Business Systems Analyst, you can look forward to:
• Work as the primary interface between the Business and Technology in order to analyze and validate Business Requirements/Needs and turn them into functional solutions through the Agile process..
• Define, analyze, evaluate and design solutions to meet technology and business needs.
• Translate business requirements into specific functional solutions, process flows, data flows, message data mapping, User & System Interface designs, Business Rule definitions, Use Case specifications, software and infrastructure component definition, etc.
• Collaborate with Systems Architect(s) and SMEs to develop high-level solution designs.
• Responsible for coordinating the technical solution across several technology portfolio teams in an Agile organization.
• If applicable, interface with third-party vendors during design to ensure coverage of the business needs and compliant integration to meet our requirements.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
• Minimum three years of experience in financial technology systems required.
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
• Bachelor Degree from a 4-year college or university in the area of Systems/Technology desired (Associate Degree with relevant work experience in financial systems may be substituted).
• Fundamental knowledge of several applications, technologies, business acumen, organization, versatility, interpersonal, client focus.
• High level understanding of debit and credit products and services, and the business and technical processes used to enable those products and services.
• Basic understanding of infrastructure engineering, application architecture, integration architecture, security and data architecture.
• Knowledge of requirements engineering and familiarity with Agile methodology.
• Baseline understanding of project management.
• Ability to facilitate complex data gathering and design collaboration meetings, as well as JAD sessions and Design walkthroughs with some supervision and guidance.
• Ability to develop and manage critical success factors with some supervision and guidance.
• Strong computer proficiency, particularly MS Office Suite.
• Strong diagramming proficiency, preferably with MS Visio.
Who We Are: With more than 1,200 associates in nine primary locations, Fiserv Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
Card Services by the Numbers:
- 3,200+ clients
- 1+ billion debit, credit, and ATM transactions processed
- 28,000 ATMs managed
- 50+ million accounts managed
- Our debit network is accessible at 3.6 million point-of-sale locations and 535,000 ATMs
- Handled $1+ million in commerce in our busiest minute this year
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More