Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
What does a Software Development and Support Professional do at Fiserv?
You will be part of Fiserv's Contact Service Team (CST) which is part of the Corporate System area at Fiserv.
You will be catering to the needs of the contact center operation business area and are responsible for building and maintaining a variety of applications used to deliver excellent contact service experience and client relationship management.
You will be part of a team that provides application and platform support, manages devops pipelines, drives efficiency through automation, ensures compliance with the security governance and engages in proactively monitoring applications and looking for avenues to enhance overall resiliency and stability of the applications managed.
What you will do:
- Serve as a leader for application administration across multiple operating systems, hardware types, and application servers.
- Install, implement, maintain and support Windows and Linux server products. Install, update, tune, and diagnose both internal and third-party applications.
- Design and implement scalable, distributed, fault tolerant systems that satisfy complex requirements.
- Designing and implementing best practices for software development which include security and monitoring.
- Proficient in various monitoring and performance tools to quickly mitigate issues with minimal impact to the business.
- Support and troubleshoot the usage of multiple Relational Database systems and various storage technologies and network interfaces.
- Diagnose and mitigate performance and reliability issues across the application stack.
- Create and maintain fields, reports, dashboards, custom objects, workflows, functions and configurations.
- Facilitate IT Service Management processes of Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Asset, Configuration and Continuous Improvements including the creation and management of changes in compliance with the change management policy.
- Utilize the DevOps and CI/CD processes for automated versioning and deployments of code.
- Technical application support across multiple platforms utilizing VXML data processing.
- Working with multiple automation tools/languages: Python, PowerShell. Involved in daily operations via monitoring solutions: Dynatrace/Splunk/.
- Involved in application security scans (SAST/DAST) via Fortify/Webinspect, related mitigations and systems hardening.
- Daily utilization of Change management and Project management tools; JIRA/Confluence/ServiceNow.
What you must have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 4 years of application support and operations experience throughout a full application stack.
- Knowledge of Application DevOps/SecOps frameworks highly desirable. Hands on technical expertise around OS; Linux/Windows. Solid knowledge of IIS/Apache/Tomcat/WebSphere web-engines.
- 3 years of application and operations experience throughout a full application stack
- Hands on in Public/Private cloud platforms: AWS/Azure DevOps and integration projects. 3 years using debug, system and application logs, Splunk, Dynatrace, Relic, and performance tools to troubleshoot latency and errors within the application stack layers; 3 years of SQL and tuning SQL queries; 3 years ensuring data availability, integrity, and security using MSSQL
- 3 years administering Windows and Linux based server products; 2 years analyzing traffic volumes and latency impacts; 2 years writing and deploying enterprise-level automation code using Python, .NET, or PowerShell
- 3 years using Splunk to query data, build performance, and monitoring dashboards, panels, and alerts; 2 years troubleshooting system integrations that utilize SOAP, web services, or REST APIs
- 3 years of experience utilizing, in an enterprise setting, the IT Service Management processes of Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Asset, Configuration and Continuous Improvements
- 3 years analyzing and troubleshooting the authentication and handshake between servers, Load Balancers, TLS, certificates, and ciphers; 2 years analyzing and troubleshooting data encoding, compression, and encryption/decryption implementations
- 3 year requesting source and destination port access and ensuring access through the Firewalls; 1 year of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) using Bitbucket, Jenkins, GitLab, Harness, Nexus and technologies such as Terraform.
- 2 year supporting and troubleshooting Genesys Voice Platform Version 8 or higher and its integration with custom IVR applications; and 1-2 years supporting Artificial Intelligence (AI) related applications and products (Watson).
- 1 year of experience in container technology such as Docker/Openshift or Kubernetes/GKE/EKS/AKS
Corporate Social Responsibility
Unique Suite of Solutions
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plans and Incentives & Bonuses
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.