You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
- The role responsibilities include providing legal support on commercial matters, including drafting and negotiation of customer, partner, procurement and licensing agreements; providing advice and assistance on regulatory and compliance matters and providing support for multi-disciplinary and cross border projects.
- Establish trust with senior business unit leadership through effective legal advice, communication and conduct.
- Understand Fiserv contracting standards and enterprise risk thresholds and issues.
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices; keep abreast of proposed and existing legislation related to business operations in the region and advise the business accordingly.
- Support disputes related to the businesses with support of corporate in-house litigators and / or external counsel.
- Liaise with corporate specialists regarding audit, tax, publicity / marketing, intellectual property, and privacy and technology matters that affect the business.
- Develop and maintain template contracts and other legal documentation.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Law degree from a reputable law school.
- Appropriate license to practice law in Australia.
- 3+ years of relevant experience negotiating, drafting, and redlining contracts
- In good standing with licensing jurisdiction and no disciplinary action.
- Background in financial services industry, technology or payments.
- Business-minded orientation with a genuine interest in learning, understanding and contributing to the strategic direction of the business.
- Experience in negotiating technology and payment solution contracts with clients and vendors (e.g., Fortune 500 companies, Tier 1 banks) while working in concert with business executives. Able to operate autonomously.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate verbally and in writing with internal and external parties.
- Strong attention to detail, particularly with respect to risk identification/mitigation and contract drafting and negotiating.
- Ability to independently investigate complex business problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate solutions, and resolve issues in a professional manner.
- Highly motivated, organized, and able to set and execute priorities effectively.
- Effective team player.
- Limited travel required.
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.