You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with our Issuer Solutions Credit Processing and Product Team. Issuer Solutions manages end to end credit and lending products and programs for issuing clients around the country, from regional banks with a community focus, to large multi-national issuers with proprietary cards and private label partnerships.
Job Overview: Director - Segment Lead, Market Management
As a Segment Lead on the Market Management team, you will be responsible for managing and growing revenue within a portfolio of clients. You will act in a client-centric and product-centric general management leadership role to ensure that Fiserv engages with and delivers competitive solutions to financial institutions to drive revenue growth through demand generation, sales enablement, and product definition specific to your segment. You will use all of the levers at your disposal and in partnership across the organization, including account relationship teams, solution consultants, salesforce, marketing, pricing, product and delivery functions.
The Segment Lead, Market Management will engage directly with Fiserv’s largest financial institution partners and their customers, as defined by the market you cover. You will be responsible for ensuring the specific needs of your clients are met and that their strategies are informing Fiserv product roadmaps and strategy. You will define and implement market growth strategies, including revenue targets and growth trajectories, using the following levers and partners: products and services, pricing, marketing and distribution, implementation and delivery teams, and account relationships in the client’s office. You will develop product roadmaps for clients that align their business objectives with our strategy, while engaging with Issuer Solutions product teams to evolve and define product needs that can be commercialized to drive revenue.
You will specifically be responsible for 1) defining, tracking and delivering on associated revenue targets for your segment, 2) centrally managing client opportunities and sales enablement across account, pricing, legal and product, and 3) partnering closely with product, technology and other stakeholders to drive client engagement, needs assessments, solution definition and delivery.
This unique role is central to putting Fiserv in a position of strength within our FI credit space and harnessing the best assets from across the company to solution a unique set of products and solutions. This role is charged with the following:
- Market Development – Growth:
- Develop market revenue targets and growth strategy and playbook to meet those targets
- Regularly meet with clients within your market segment – embedding yourself into their organization in tight partnership with the Account Relationship teams to identify opportunities, collect feedback, ensure appropriate support and delivery of key initiatives
- Identify client needs and pain points, and client-specific considerations to drive growth
- Facilitate strategic planning and roadmapping sessions on a regular basis with clients
- Explore prospect opportunities and respond to RFPs in partnership with our Sales team
- Collaborate with Finance on revenue measurement and reporting
- Understand industry and market trends to influence client strategy and Fiserv products
- Develop market specific solution sets and product penetration (heat mapping)
- Product Penetration – Sales Enablement and Facilitating Proposals:
- Facilitate product demos, proposals and solution definition (in partnership with product owners and solution consultants) based on client roadmaps and needs
- Facilitate Client request intake, needs assessments and discovery processes
- Provide business oversight of program prioritization and implementation with delivery teams; ensure adherence to commitments by ensuring resource allocation and alignment
- Provide contract, pricing support to close deals
- Product Definition – Validating Product Needs for your Market:
- Identify new product concepts that combine Fiserv’s assets (either in credit processing or horizontally) and can be piloted or fully commercialized across markets
- Develop product concept business cases and business requirements for your market
- Support commercialization of new products specific to your market
- Facilitate and provide market feedback to the Issuer Solutions product team regarding competitive offerings, prospect/client needs and product solutions to meet those needs
- Organizational Leadership – Standardize Market Practices that Cultivate a Winning Culture
- Implement and scale best practices and new frameworks wherever needed
- Proactively drive new ideas and ways of doing things to improve efficiency
- Cultivate talent by up-skilling peers, direct reports and leadership with new ways of doing
- Infuse and champion an empathetic “customer first” and “design thinking” mindset
Job-Related Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, operations, technology, product management or a related field required
- Demonstrated self-motivated self-starter
- General management skill set focused on growth, revenue, value creation
- Product and technology experience in related industry fields
- Working knowledge of marketing, sales, customer relationship management
- 10+ years of experience in Institutional product or technology programs with experience in roles that have client or partnership facing responsibility
- 10+ years of experience in Credit, Lending or Payments Industry
- Proven success in effectively managing programs or products through key stages of ideation, development, commercialization and implementation
- Strong working knowledge of business financial practices, accounting and business case development, and proven ability to run a P&L
- Strong stakeholder management across verticals, with partners and up and down reporting hierarchies
- Exceptional communication and presentation abilities to interact at all levels of the clients from C-level to technical and operation levels
- Proven ability to understand complex business and technical concepts and make balanced judgments when faced with trade-offs
- Strong analytical skills and ability to build consensus
- Solid thought leadership and the ability to influence others through collaborative efforts
- An ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a broad set of constituencies
- Strong results orientation with demonstrated track record of success to effectively complete tactical activities
- A high degree of adaptability, flexibility and resilience to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Approximately 30-40% travel throughout the year to Fiserv offices and client locations
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
About Issuer Solutions, Credit Processing
Fiserv’s North America Credit & Retail Processing business serves the majority of the top 50 credit and retail issuers in the United States and Canada across multiple different segments – general purpose with national distribution, retail cobrands and private label, near and subprime, regional banks and group service providers (GSPs). The business was established over 40 years ago as First Data’s original offering based in Omaha, Nebraska and provides critical processing services to the financial services industry – with ~1 billion cards on file, processing tens of billions of authorizations annually and supporting clients through hundreds of billions of transactional calls. Serving our customers and the payments industry is at the heart of what we do and this role will be critical to delivering on the promise of our brand and commitment to clients.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.