You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Product Management Director do?
This is an exciting time in the financial services market and a great opportunity for experienced product strategists and/or product managers in the debit/network industry to join the STAR Network. Director, Product Management will join a team of managers accountable for identifying and executing on opportunities to grow the network business and accelerate debit payment acceptance. This position will be responsible for products and solutions utilized by STAR Members and Processors to manage their debit card portfolio and back-office services, specifically those used for settlement, dispute resolution management, adjustment processing, and research. The Director, Product Management will work closely with external clients and internal stakeholders to understand specific needs, capture market intelligence, define product requirements, and manage product delivery, and commercialization activities to ensure successful execution of the product launch and/or product feature delivery.
As a Product Management Director, you can expect to:
- Drive product deployment and commercialization tasks to increase acceptance, volume, and revenue for the STAR Network.
- Use market research, product metrics, and customer experience feedback in supporting new features and optimize product success.
- Work closely with technology teams to build new products as well as enhancements / new features to existing products, including refinement of product requirements, user experience stories, testing oversight, and production validation approval.
- Partner with sales and business development teams on new prospects and deals to increase volume and maintain key relationships with Financial Institutions, Acquirers, and Processors.
- Product collateral creation including definition of features, value proposition to promote new products.
- Collaborate with Network pricing and sales teams to develop incentives for product adoption and ensure pricing for new products is in line with revenue strategies.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on assigned back-office products to ensure products assigned are work as expected in production and information on functionality and usage is properly outlined in all internal and external client documentation.
- Collect feedback from internal and external user groups to ensure enhancements and changes are identified to improve the overall usage of the solutions, keep products updated for current demand and look for opportunities to modernize.
- Make product functionality decisions and compromises that deliver the maximum amount of functionality to deliver value into products given constraints of budges and timeframes.
- Monitoring product penetration and usage to observe trends to make data driven decisions for enhancements, new features, and usability across the network business, internal and external.
- Promote STAR Network product opportunities at local, regional, and enterprise tradeshows and conferences.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 6+ years of increasingly accountable leadership roles in product management, product development, and/or payment strategy position.
- Significant experience in the EFT industry supporting debit acceptance operational and/or product-related roles.
- Detailed knowledge of debit acceptance transaction processing and specific needs to ensure seamless payment processing for traditional consumer/merchant face-to-face environment purchasing; as well as those in the digital commerce space can be exercised from consumer to merchant, to network, to financial institution.
- Full understanding of online message processing, settlement, interchange, reporting, fraud, and dispute management processes in support of the debit payments industry.
- Proven track record working back-office processes for settlement, dispute resolution, and/or adjustment services, rolling out process and/or product improvements to help improve the end user experience or provide efficiencies for workload.
- Prior experience supporting the rollout of new payment products including experience driving product commercialization with complex product portfolios and executing globally in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Agile software development lifecycle, development of feature user stories, end user requirements, including approach to validate success of delivery/end user testing.
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other internal stakeholder teams through well-developed negotiation and decision making skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, to communicate complex topics in the most simplistic manner and in line with difference audience types, internal and external to Fiserv.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Knowledge of STAR product solutions; usage of ISO 8583 Message Formats, Settlement Files, Reports, and/or other experience working with these artifacts in the greater EFT industry preferred.
- Experience with web portal and/or other web services such as API solutions to assist in the financial services industry for transaction processing, or ancillary services supporting debit network business optional.
Who We Are:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.