You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
Server Software Developer / Engineer
Nenagh, County Tipperary, Ireland
Every day Clover devices handle the core credit card and Point-Of-Sale (POS) processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants worldwide. Behind the scenes we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchant’s customers.
Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchant’s lives, one transaction at a time.
What does a Clover Server Software Developer / Engineer do?
As a Server Software Developer / Engineer, you will contribute to the design, implementation and support of Clover features / functionality. You will collaborate with a team of engineers to design and build best-in-class experiences for our users.
You will partner with product and engineering leads to scope, architect and execute on key features/enhancements that will reshape how our users access Clover products and services.
- Contribute and add new features to Clover, resolve bugs, and refactor / improve the code base.
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives.
- Implement new Clover applications as needed; take ownership of the new product from development through deployment and production monitoring.
- Collaborate with Web/Android Developers to determine the best way to maintain low response times as new features are designed.
- Work with colleagues to develop test plans and strategies.
Requirements for Consideration
- Several years of experience in a backend Java development role.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and proficiency with a relational DB.
- Strong knowledge of RESTful API design.
- Excellent understanding and experience of Microservices with Spring Boot.
- Experience / understanding of DevOps principles.
- Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities.
- Flexible and self driven with a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of revision control and code review tools like Git/Github.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a relevant field
- Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Comfortable writing developer tests.
- Experience working in high performance Agile Scrum teams.
- Experience with distributed computing.
- Experience in web development.
- Skills with Java / Kotlin.
- Experience working with international and remote teams.
- Experience supporting highly-available software systems at scale.
To support the total well-being of our associates, we take a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of options including:
- Health Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- Finance Rewards Program
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Service Awards
- Education Support
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 22 Days Annual Leave (increasing based on service)
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Located in Nenagh, Ireland (approx. 40km east of Limerick and 150km west of Dublin), Fiserv’s centre of excellence is the hub of the next generation of payment technologies and is shaping how we live our lives and make payments daily.
Awarded as a Great Place to Work (Ireland) in 2019 and 2020, this business unit specialises in new product development through collaborative agile deployments utilising talent across Product Management, Software Development, DevOps, PMO, Data Science and IT Security.
At Clover we provide next-generation payment services via Fiserv (our parent company) - the world’s largest payment processor. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and alliance for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchant’s customers. Our machines and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
Clover systems use multiple processors (and multiple OSs) on a single device, and some very innovative system architecture design to create a seamless payment experience. We support an open Android based app market, allow secure PIN entry on the main display and support contactless payment through displays. This team also handles various payment certifications like PCI PTS, EMV, UKCS, GBIC certification for our devices, which happens to be one of the most stringent payment security certifications.
We deal with the usual board bring ups, bootloaders, kernels, device drivers, etc that you will find in any tablet/phone device. To make the job more fun, we add a healthy dose of system architecture, security and payment systems. We also partner with vendors, silicon partners and the ODMs, to define, design and deliver Clover products.
Fiserv (Our Parent Company)
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”.... But we are.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/LGBTQ+), and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
Applying for the position
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv (Clover). Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.