You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
Application Developer Full Stack
Fiserv is a global provider of financial services technology. Our clients include banks, thrifts, credit unions, securities broker dealers, leasing and finance companies, and retailers. In Nenagh, we are building the next generation of commerce infrastructure, services and analytics to support continued growth of our business.
We are currently looking at expanding our technology centre and are seeking to talk to people who will help us to:
- Create better experiences for users
- Prioritize ease of use and functionality
- Build and deploy new services
- Ask questions of the biggest datasets
- Be passionate, impactful and Be first
- Join a team on a mission
The primary responsibility of the mid-level full stack application developer, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary delivery team, will be the design and development of software applications based on defined requirements.
- Contribute significantly to implementing and documenting technical solutions within a collaborative, high trust, solutions delivery team that will contain scrum masters, product owners, architects, other engineers (developers, test engineers and technical delivery engineers).
- Work within an agile delivery process to deliver high quality estimates and outcomes for complex projects.
- Support the development, implementation and delivery of new and existing applications or services.
- Continuously innovate in terms of process and technology.
- Embrace emerging technologies and keep abreast of new frameworks, tools and programming languages.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a proactive stakeholder in code quality, coding to standards, secure code (understanding of OWASP) and overall product quality.
- Be supportive for the execution of the full suite of development tasks in a modern delivery pipeline, including validation activities (such as unit, component, system integration and regression testing).
- Partner with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions
- Support the developed solutions in production in a build it own it model.
- Will perform additional job duties as required
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in designing, developing and implementing software applications in Agile environment.
- Full stack development experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science, business informatics or mathematics. Comparable education or professional experience also considered.
- Nice to have Angular or React hands-on experience would be an advantage.
- Good working experience with several back-end technologies such as Spring-Boot, Spring-Web, REST, Kafka.
- Experience with JAVA 11, Maven/ Gradle.
- Experience with Shell-Script and Linux based operating systems.
- Experience with micro-service architectures would be an advantage.
- Good to have knowledge in Security-OWASP Top 10.
- Experienced in runtime, build and deployment technologies as well as project tools, e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ, GitLab, JIRA and Confluence.
- Knowledge of modern database technologies (relational/non-relational).
- Knowledge of virtual infrastructure and associated services (e.g. public cloud) as well as containerization and orchestration technologies (ideally docker, pcf, kubernetes) would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills (e.g. with product owners and stakeholders as well as technical-representatives), coordination skills
- Highly organized and highly competent in solving issues and finding solutions.
- Can do, will do open-minded attitude.
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.