You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Systems Engineer, Sr (z/OS Mainframe) do?
The primary purpose of the Sr Systems Engineer is to provide senior-level [CCT] z/OS technical support (installation, implementation, administration, and maintenance) for all Fiserv IBM z/Mainframe-based solutions. Work with senior team members to perform problem determination and resolution, capture and transmit system dumps, closely work with vendor’s technical support, apply fixes and patches, coordinate testing and implementation of fixes and new versions, and work with other mainframe-based technical teams on production roll-out.
As a Systems Engineer, Sr (z/OS Mainframe), you can look forward to
- Providing dump analysis and problem determination of root causes related to system problems or outages
- Participating in the installation, implementation, performance, testing and integrity of a large (shared and cluster queues) IBM z/OS Parallel Sysplex systems
- Installing, maintaining and customizing operating systems and 3rd party ISV system software
- Preparing and installing system software including OS and 3rd party packages by following vendor and location-specific installation procedures
- Working with internal customers to clarify technical requests, testing and validation, and project support needs
- Working with capacity and performance teams in proactively addressing potential performance issues impacting service levels
- Working with computer operations to quickly resolve incidents and automate operational processes such as IPLs, Cold Loads, and dump processing
- Supporting and participating in Disaster Recovery exercises
- Providing on-call support
- Ensuring availability and performance objectives, as required by customers and management are maintained for operating systems and for system software components.
- Providing informal project management for complex projects. Provide training to clients and colleagues.
- Assisting the Operations Engineering zSeries leaders in reviewing software requirements and establishing technical direction and business strategy for the department.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration
- 6+ years’ hands-on experience supporting IBM z/OS Mainframe Sysplex environment.
- [CCT] Experience with mainframe software installation, maintenance and support
- Associates degree in Computer Science/Management or related field
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.