Work Schedule: 2nd Shift-3:30 pm-12:00 am Monday-Friday
We are looking for a skilled Machine Operator to set up, maintain and operate machinery. You’ll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production.
A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency.
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Work requires incumbent to be mobile and in a standing / walking position with ability to lift up to 50 lbs regularly. Uses hands to handle, finger, or feel objects and to perform keyboarding. Also uses hands and arms to reach and grab objects. Sometimes it is necessary to crouch or kneel. Successful performance requires good vision abilities including close vision.
Education and Experience:
Generally high school vocational orientated background or related education is preferred, and typically, 3 months to 3 years of fast pace, high volume production experience or similar background or equivalent combination of education and experience is needed to successfully perform job requirements. Time classified in the specific job classifications does not automatically qualify an individual. In addition to the time guidelines, an individual must meet all other job requirements and a company approved job opening must exist.
Output Solutions at Fiserv delivers business-critical communications to financial institutions, health and property/casualty insurance providers, billers, retailers, travel and entertainment companies and advertising agencies nationwide. With solutions including transactional document production and delivery, card manufacturing and personalization and direct marketing services, we help our clients streamline operations to contain costs, while building customer loyalty and generating incremental revenue
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More