You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Container Platform Architect do?
The Container Platform Architecture team architects, builds, and is responsible for the primary services needed to meet the full lifecycle of containers and ease consumption of those services for our community of 20,000+ developers. Working as a member of this small, agile team of highly skilled Architects/Engineers, you will be responsible for assessing, selecting, developing, customizing, and integrating tools and technologies in support of the Container Platform’s roadmap. You will research and experiment with new container-related technologies (after all, the CNCF landscape grows daily) to support identified feature needs, iteratively improve service stability/availability, and improve customer experience. You will evangelize the container services by developing operations and user best practices, contributing to the technical library, and presenting to the user community to drive adoption.
Principal duties & responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a roadmap aligned with current and emerging strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with development teams, product managers, business leaders, engineering, operations teams and security teams to identify and deliver features of value to the users and the enterprise.
- Promote the adoption of automation techniques and DevOps practices to improve the infrastructure and software life cycle including infrastructure and application uptime, availability, time-to-market, and value flow for users
- Design, implement and operate automated, container services platform with a focus on application concerns, including migrating workloads to containers, containerizing development workflows, high availability, networking policy, service routing, observability, integrating with shared enterprise services, integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines, and platform security
- Design and implement API’s and other tooling as required to enable consumption of containerized computing resources as a secure, reliable, and highly automated service consumable by business focused development resources.
- When necessary, participate in technical troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and remediation efforts.
- Develop methodology and tooling as required in support of observability of applications and the platforms to support efforts such as capacity planning, workload placement and balancing, chargeback, etc.
- Drive initiatives across organization boundaries as required to ensure availability of underlying infrastructure, CI/CD tooling, and cybersecurity services as required in support of container platform service requirements.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Demonstrated experience providing architectural leadership integrating Kubernetes into large enterprises with substantial cybersecurity and regulatory requirements in a manner that is easily consumable by development teams as a highly automated and resilient service.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Physics, Math, Engineering or comparable experience
- Three years of experience working with container build and runtime technologies.
- Two years of experience architecting, implementing, and maintaining Kubernetes cluster deployments with a preference for experience with vendor supported variants such as VMware PKS/TKGI and IBM/Redhat OpenShift.
- Hands on experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes on at least one IaaS provider (Azure, Amazon, GCP).
- Five years of experience building and supporting distributed computing environments.
- Robust proficiency in Linux and/or Windows systems
- Demonstrated competency in a programming/scripting language, with a strong preference for Go experience.
- Experience designing and implementing infrastructure automation API’s using interface definition tools like Swagger.
- Strong understanding of virtual computing environments and concepts such as hypervisors, virtual switches, vCPU, and load balancing concepts
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP network concepts including bridging, switching, routing & DNS.
- Experience working with one or more CNI provider implementations.
- Strong understanding of continuous integration concepts and tooling, preferably with hands on experience designing or implementing portions of CI/CD pipelines, and integrating such pipelines with source code and container image scans etc.
- Experience designing and implementing containerized infrastructure logging and observability technologies, such as Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, Wavefront.
- Demonstrated understanding of Cybersecurity threats and mitigating controls.
- Demonstrated understanding of Public Key Infrastructure. Experience with cert-manager on Kubernetes is a plus.
- Strong understanding of and/or actual hands-on experience deploying and managing a service mesh such as Linkerd or Istio.
- Understanding of the importance of securing the software supply chain, experience implementing automation in this space is a plus.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Travel required: Less than 10% in the future in line with Fiserv COVID-19 guidelines to work with internal customers and partners on requirements gathering, solutioning, and/or training.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Experience with managed Kubernetes services such as AKS, EKS or GKE/Anthos is a plus but not required.
- Experience with .Net core.
- Network Security/Firewalls experience and or experience with Kubernetes Network policies
- Passionate about developing high quality technology and process-driven solutions to business challenges.
- Passionate about technology and automation.
- Commitment to continued knowledge acquisition and to seeking out opportunities to transfer knowledge and experience to others throughout the enterprise.
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.