We are seeking self-motivated, collaborative, intellectually curious professionals with a strong work ethic to join our team. Our "grow from within" philosophy will prepare you for your next career move within Fiserv. Our Finance department has a tremendous success record and is high profile, interfacing and influencing at the highest levels. You must have influential communication skills with an ability to efficiently communicate the finance story. Our Finance leaders constantly guide our business to increase profitability. Requirements for consideration may include; a Finance or Accounting related degree, Finance/Accounting experience, highly effective data analysis skills, modeling experience is a plus with high proficiency in Excel.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for an Accounting & Finance career at Fiserv.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
- Detail Oriented
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
The Bankruptcy Analyst will need to have deep knowledge of both federal and state statues regarding bankruptcy. This role is responsible for handling all bankruptcy filings from inception to discharge or dismissal, following federal, state and district guidelines. This position is responsible for reviewing bankruptcy filing documents and following processes for handling the bankruptcy process, including updating system information and responding to important time sensitive filing responses. The position also requires being able to have professional discussions with the internal bankruptcy counsel, bankruptcy court personnel, and other vendors as needed. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and possess the ability to develop internal process and procedures, including the writing of process documents. The position requires a general knowledge of internal litigation processes and general debt collection procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for managing AR accounts filing for bankruptcy.
• Work with internal and external partners to develop an automated process for the handling of merchant bankruptcy notifications.
• Review debtor bankruptcy Petitions, Schedules, Reaffirmations, and other motions and/or objections filed by the debtor with the bankruptcy court.
• Process bankrupt accounts in accordance with company policies, procedures, and guidelines as well as Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
• Work with our external bankruptcy vendor to develop a process to file Proof of Claims with the appropriate bankruptcy court to ensure maximum creditor recovery. Manage the POC process.
• Ensure critical deadlines are not missed.
• Effectively communicate with internal bankruptcy counsel, debtor attorneys, bankruptcy trustees and bankruptcy courts.
• Process payments per bankruptcy policy and procedure
• Maintain internal collection systems through accurate review and assessment of the Bankruptcy case
• Reviews external bankruptcy systems and electronic court documents for resolution/status of ongoing cases
• Works effectively as part of a team atmosphere to perform duties and achieve daily operational goals
• Performs additional duties as needed within the department.
• Two (2) plus years of bankruptcy experience
• Minimum of an Associate's degree preferred
• Proficient in the use of personal computers and applications including Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Strong communication, organizational, and time management skills
• Excellent analytical and conflict management skills
• Must be able to complete all assignments with minimal supervision
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.