VMWare Services Administrator, Senior
What does a great Senior VMware Services Administrator do?
We are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator. As part of our global Infrastructure support team you will focus on providing operations (incident resolution, root cause analysis, change deployments) support and administration of vSphere and Windows in a fast-paced and fast-growing 24/7 data center environment.
- Administration and monitoring of a 24/7/365, multi-site environment hosted on VMware vSphere 6+ (ESXI).
- Configure, monitor, and respond to alerts and other system-related issues.
- Participation in administration & testing of datacenter backup, recovery, & Site Recovery Manager/ Disaster Recovery technologies.
- Provide after-hours support via on-call rotation.
- Operate in a highly-structured, audited environment, adhering to audit-driven procedures relating to change control, documentation, security, and standardization.
- Active support for incoming problems/issues for both internal and external customers, including root-cause analysis.
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously, collaborating with cross-functional teams when necessary. Must employ excellent time-management skills including prioritization of competing tasks.
- Open-minded and forward-thinking, able to identify needs, design, plan, and execute projects with minimal oversight, adhering to established deadlines and maintaining efficient communication with management and stakeholders.
- Ability to delegate tasks as necessary.
- Ability to track local projects and ensure they’re on schedule.
- Ability to be the SME for local site and provide updates on short notice.
- Strong written, verbal, organization, and documentation skills.
- Perform other duties as required.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- High School/GED diploma
- VMware vSphere/ vRealize suites
- Administration and monitoring of a 24/7/365, multi-site environment hosted on VMware vSphere 6+ (ESXI)
Up to 20%
Ability to lift 50lbs.
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or any related discipline.
- Familiarity with virtualization systems (VMware preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems (Server 2008R2/ 2012R2 preferred)
Who we are:
Open Solutions, was acquired by Fiserv in 2013. DNA®, the core product of Open Solutions Division provides collaborative, enterprise core account processing technology for banks, thrifts and credit unions, along with a full range of surround solutions. DNA® from Fiserv is a modern, flexible, real-time account processing platform with a unique open architecture and a person-centered data model. It helps financial institutions operate more efficiently, capture complete customer relationships and adapt to changing business needs. Open Solutions offers DNACreator, a tool that banks and credit unions use to create their own apps for the DNA platform.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More