Java Development Engineer
Lead Software Developer
Primary Location Only: Madison, WI
Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a Fortune™ 500 company, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. You’ll find a reciprocal environment that values collaboration and flexibility. Our rare combination of expertise and creative spirit helps us deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide.
What does an exceptional Software Developer Lead do?
You can look forward to working in a team that is geographically distributed team. Work under minimal supervision, collaborate with onshore/offshore teams on regular basis. Exercise judgment within defined standard practices and procedures to analyze, test, design, program, debug, modify and implement computer programs or systems applications.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare design documents, presentations and perform POC as necessary to communicate advantages of system and process changes
- Collaborate with project stakeholders such as product owner, scrum master, development and QA team for successful execution of the project using Agile Methodologies.
- Identify and implement optimal process improvements in System Architecture and Design.
- Design and develop full stack code for web applications following specifications, guidelines and tools provided by the company.
- Planning, processing and performing of all software related tasks in an efficient manner.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in CIS, MIS, or EE. Will consider software development experience in the Financial Services Industry or B2B Professional Services experience in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing software applications.
- Exposure or experience using Angular 4+, typescript, SASS, Nodejs, AWS Lambda, S3, API Gateway, AWS Aurora, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS and Oauth.
- Familiarity using Amazon Web Service DevOps process
- Experience of developing software in Agile, test driven development environment
- Solid understanding of Design patterns, Microservices and principals
- Master’s Degree or industry certification.
- Broad experience across technologies stacks and programming languages
- Experience designing & implementing microservices using Node JS
- Working experience on GIT/Bitbucket, SVN and build tools like Webpack and CI tools like Jenkins
- Independent, self-driven Technical Lead
Travel: Ability to travel up to 10%
What is Fiserv Global Services?
Business Technology Services from Fiserv fills this void by bringing scale and global capabilities to IT services along with industry specialization, knowledge of your environment, and local market presence. Fiserv is a clear choice for services in IT infrastructure, applications, testing, integration, data management and analytics.
Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More