Network Engineer, CiscoJob ID R-10080343 Date posted 06/16/2017 City Madison State/Region Wisconsin Country United States
Join Us! Fiserv has been named to FORTUNE® magazine’s 2015 list of World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the second consecutive year the company has been named to the list, which is a definitive benchmark of corporate reputation.
"Our people are the foundation upon which this recognition is based and I'm very proud of their commitment to client excellence. Their dedication to serving our clients each day is what makes Fiserv one of the most admired companies in the world." - Jeffery Yabuki, President and Chief Executive Officer
About our Business: Open Solutions, was acquired by Fiserv in 2013. DNA®, the core product of Open Solutions Division provides collaborative, enterprise core account processing technology for banks, thrifts and credit unions, along with a full range of surround solutions. DNA® from Fiserv is a modern, flexible, real-time account processing platform with a unique open architecture and a person-centered data model. It helps financial institutions operate more efficiently, capture complete customer relationships and adapt to changing business needs. Open Solutions offers DNACreator, a tool that banks and credit unions use to create their own apps for the DNA platform.
We are seeking a Network Engineer. This position is responsible for responsible for design and development of network services and technologies to meet client and business unit requirements. Primary objective is to identify optimal networking and communications solutions that deliver long term capabilities, capacity, reliability and resiliency for the business units and clients to successfully maintain and grow their business operations.
As part of our Madison based Infrastructure support team, you will install, monitor, and troubleshoot Cisco network hardware with an emphasis on firewalls, resolve network problems, and provide support for multiple internal and client facing applications and server environments. This position requires knowledge of Cisco networking and security best practices and their application in a 7 x 24 data center environment. As part of the position, you will consult with vendors, industry resources, other analysts and staff to create a flexible and stable network environment. Under general direction, you will assist in ensuring systems compliance to PCI, FFIEC, SAS70 and other audit or regulatory requirements. At all times, you will need to communicate effectively the status and results of projects or service problems to clients, coworkers and management.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- This role involves understanding of the client and business unit requirements, and designing and deploying optimal networking and connectivity solutions that enable clients and business units to achieve their operational and business goals.
- Required to prepare recommendations and supporting details for formal proposals for network connectivity and configurations.
- Day-to-day interaction with development staff to assist in the design and troubleshooting of new network applications.
- Day-to-day interaction with telecom providers, equipment suppliers and 3rd party network vendors, to engage their technical resources to perform tasks.
- Role sometimes requires scheduling and attendance on overnight maintenance windows.
- Resource can expect to routinely be called upon to analyze and interpret traffic and utilization of services on network connections.
- Participation in disaster recovery exercises, pre-production certification testing and troubleshooting events is expected.
- Coordinate internal Fiserv operations to meet and exceed data communications project expectations (including but not limited to engineering/development, certifications testing, Network and IT Operations, capacity planning and production readiness.
- Accountable for resolving all project level, cross-functional, partnership issues and escalations.
- Manage partner/client expectations for data communications connectivity and related services to Fiserv products and applications, throughout project(s) lifecycle. Client expectations include functionality, cost, delivery schedule, support readiness and relationships (usually working directly with senior level technical resources, project managers and business decision makers at client).
- Assist with data communications orders, cable installation, network system planning, monitoring, testing and support.
- Install network software, hardware, telecommunications equipment, and provide on-going technical support.
- Responsible for designing, planning, monitoring, and maintaining the network, while ensuring systems and process compliance to PCI DSS Assessment, FFIEC Examination, SSAE 16 SOC 1 audit, Corporate Audit, or other audit or compliance requirements.
- Provide reporting and audit support, as requested, during examinations and assessments.
- Responsible for asset management as evidenced by maintaining a current asset inventory of all network devices, ensuring maintenance on all network devices, and provide reporting as needed to support budgeting and audit requests.
- Responsible for following standard process for the purchase and receipt of network equipment
- Performs other duties as required
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- College degree or comparable certification in IT, telecommunications, computer science, or related field is preferred.
Job Related Experience:
- 1 + years of experience required in design, planning, coordination and implementation of technology projects among multiple telecom and equipment vendors and customers.
- Hands on experience configuring Cisco IOS
- Hands on experience in layer-2 protocols (Spanning-tree), HSRP
- Hands on experience in layer-3 protocols (EIGRP,BGP), route distribution, route filtering
- Familiarity with network management and diagnostic tools, SolarWinds experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Minimal, once per year.
- Prior experience with BGP, VRF, NAT/PAT
- Load balancer configurations (ACE, Netscaler, Foundry)
- NX-OS Experience
- Firewall Experience
- Familiarity with PCI and FFIEC design/audit requirements
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv.