You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 24,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company honored by FORTUNE Magazine as a Worlds Most Admired company 6 years running.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
I am about to complete a decade working at Fiserv and have grown from a Customer Service Associate to a Project Management Team Lead traversing through diverse roles. This was only possible because Fiserv cares for its associates, recognizes employee potential and offers mobility and growth options. I truly feel proud to be associated with an organization that invests in its employees relentlessly and provides a fertile ground to bloom one’s career.
Mrinal, Project Management Analyst
When you think of all of the real-life applications of the financial services, you pay your bills online, through your mobile phone, and you send money through your phone. When I’m online and doing my bill pay, it is so pleasant to recognize a real Fiserv product in a customer’s hands. It’s so fun knowing that you’re involved in helping to bring that service to life.
Schnell, Lead Pricing Strategist
As a product marketer, a lot of my responsibility is around the go-to-market activities of a new or existing product. Our goal is to increase awareness of the product; make sure that we’re educating our clients about the value, why they should get it, how is it going to help their end-users. We attend tradeshows, produce collateral, brochures, PowerPoints and anything we need to enable our sales team to talk to clients about our products. Developing these solutions really helps us think outside of the box and expand ourselves beyond what we thought we could do or even come up with. Seeing it all come to life is very awesome and impactful.
Shirra, Director, Product Marketing
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great J2EE Engineer do?
You will work on resolving production incidents for our clients and your responsibilities include troubleshooting, root cause analysis, communicating with clients and raising the defects where necessary. You will need to communicate with technical personnel on the client side and our own Business Analysts. The Dovetail Payment Services Hub is built on a 100% J2EE platform supplemented with extensive Dovetail frameworks, backed by an Oracle database. You'll need to be capable of analyzing difficult logic flows in a dynamic environment. This role liaises with PM's, Lead Devs, and BA's.
- Analyse production incidents without direct access to production system
- Discuss technical issues with business analysts in business terms
- Fix Java code, identify potential multi-threading issues
- Proficient with J2EE platform, understand the concept, be able to quickly locate and process missing information
- Familiar with UNIX-based system, feel comfortable in Linux
- Build and optimize SQL queries in order to run on large databases efficiently
- Know or be willing to quickly learn Oracle database internals with the goal to analyse performance-related issues on the database side
- Participate in application performance testing and troubleshooting across whole SW and HW stack.
- Recreate problem locally and able to debug the code to identify underlying defects
- Able to perform technical evaluation of the defects
- Understand the own any changes across the application
- Discusses aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
We are looking for an individual who has the extra level of commitment to succeed despite obstacles and challenges, and a positive attitude favoring achievement of goals. To be successful you will show understanding of various technologies and be determined to continuously expand knowledge in functional and non-functional areas.
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies such as XSLD and XPath
- Experience in developing J2EE applications on WebLogic or WebSphere
- Background in relational databases and experience with applications that utilize relational databases
- Knowledge of Oracle RDBMS specifics is large plus
- Deep understanding of SQL
- Extremely organized, and will have good writing and communication skills to establish relationships and work with all levels internally and externally
- Previous hands on knowledge in developing successful applications that are highly customisable and reliable
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency, in a dynamic, deadline-orientated environment
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
- Minimum 3 years of real-world professional experience in server-side Java development including the J2EE technologies (JDBC, EJB, and JMS)
- Knowledge of the Financial, Banking sector, specifically Payments Systems highly preferred
Please note before commencement of employment, you will be required to demonstrate the right to work in the UK
Learn more about us.
In a world moving faster than ever before, Fiserv helps clients deliver solutions in step with the way people live and work today – financial services at the speed of life. With 24,000 associates, we help more than 12,000 clients worldwide create and deliver solutions to enable today's consumer to move and manage money with ease, speed and convenience. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role, you will be aligned with our Electronic Payments solutions. These products provide the financial services industry electronic billing and payments, online banking and mobile banking, online funds transfer, person-to-person payments, business-to-consumer payments and personal financial account aggregation services. Our award-winning solutions are developed based on extensive user testing and are offered in multiple delivery models to serve more than 3,500 financial institutions from community banks to credit unions to the largest U.S. banks.
Fiserv is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.