Java Solutions Engineer - Financial Services
About the Role:
Dovetail enables banks to differentiate their payments offerings, optimize their liquidity and to provide their customers with a more consistent, efficient and effective payments experience. Dovetail's solutions, processes and people enable banks to achieve a measurable return on investment, cost stability and regulatory compliance, while at the same time address legacy technology challenges. Dovetail is used by four of the world’s six largest transaction banks and is the best
choice for any bank looking to address the increasing challenges in payments and liquidity management.
The Solutions Engineer works within the client facing technology team to ensure the timely, quality delivery of Dovetail reference solutions, product enhancements and customizations to Dovetail clients. Under the direction of a Solution Architect, you will support and advise clients during the full implementation lifecycle. This work includes advising and guiding the deployment, configuration, and integration and testing of the Dovetail Solution in Client test environments. In addition, you will have the opportunity to produce high-level design and estimation work for new functionality as assigned. There is frequent liaison across the business, but specifically with business analysts, developers, and release management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the Solution Architect, advise on our technical implementation approach and help to rationalise software architecture choices
- Work with Solutions Architect to shape solution during definition stage
- Support deployment and configuration efforts with our clients (code merging, continuous integration).
- Provide technical Implementation Support during different test stages
- Perform some development, code reviews and analysis of existing code
- Write functional tests using Dovetail’s proprietary framework
- Provide production support and can resolve issues when required
- Support Solutions Architect in pre-sales support and customer presentations
- 3 year s + experience in a hands on Java development role; can analyse existing Java code
- Project/implementation life-cycle experience covering: - - design, configuration, coding, testing, implementation and documentation
- Good troubleshooting skills
- 1+ years Oracle or other RDBMS experience
- 1+ years’ experience in a client facing/implementation role
- Experience with payments or banking advantageous
- Works to deadlines and can escalate issues effectively
- Excellent communication, written and team skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to work alone.
- Adaptable to working with different clients and cultures in locations across the UK, US and Continental Europe
BSc or MSc educated
Some travel may be required to client sites across globally to support releases and to provide client support
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More