Senior Systems Engineer
What does a great Senior Systems Engineer do?
You will have experience in working in QA, Development and Production Linux environments, and enjoy learning new skills, working well in a team and taking pride in getting things done quickly while delivering extraordinary quality.
Working under limited direction, you will administer and configure computer hardware and systems and take time to mentor junior engineers in system administration policies and procedures. Your role will include responding to RFI and RFP requests and providing timely responses to internal and external audit requests.
Day-to-day activities may include:
- Crafting and revising system administration procedures including backup/restore, patching, and availability and capacity monitoring updating documentation as necessary.
- Participating in design discussions for new system implementations, and building designs for complex system projects.
- Implementing new systems in accordance with published standards and tests to be sure solutions meet requirements.
- Leading complex system changes and completes project tasks in a timely manner.
- Partnering with project leaders and customers to achieve successful outcomes.
- Working with end users and developers to resolve incidents, and assists junior engineers with troubleshooting.
- Assisting with troubleshooting during system outages, including providing after hours support when required.
- Participating in production change control and follows established guidelines for implementing changes.
- Leading and maintaining the operating integrity of production and DR systems.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- 8-12 years experience in a similar environment
- Recognised as an authority with CentOs Windows Server (2012-2016), VMWare technologies, Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Familiar with EMC Storage, Microsoft SCCM management, Jira, Docker, Jenkins
- Hands-on experience in solving problems with infrastructure availability and security issues.
- Ability to prioritize and execute in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Responsible for participating in all infrastructure initiatives within the program that involves Linux, Windows, VMware and Cisco Network.
- Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery; create preventative measures.
- Monitor performance and capacity for all responsible server systems and services.
- Monitor and maintain system security to ensure system integrity.
Nice to have skills
- Experience with Cloud Services Administration, infrastructure planning, design, implementation and maintenance. Oracle, AWS, Azure
- Familiarity with security compliance (ISO 27001)
- Mercurial, CVS, Jenkins, Oracle
- Experience with Atlassian Suite JIRA, Fisheye, Confluence,
Who we are
We provide premier payments and liquidity management solutions that enable banks to simplify their infrastructure and deliver effective digital transformation. Solutions are available on premise or in the cloud, scalable up and down, across functional and volume needs and offer standout customer and segment personalisation. All are based on a single real-time architecture, providing flexibility for a bank in setting the pace of its modernization. Using the continuing investment from Enterprise Payments Solutions and its world-leading client base, banks can rapidly achieve a measurable return on investment, increase strategic agility and operational excellence, optimize total cost of ownership and ensure regulatory compliance.
Dovetail solutions are underpinned by a consistent track record of delivery excellence and a team of hardworking and trusted professionals who provide sector expertise and thought leadership. This drives Enterprise Payments Solutions’ reputation as highly professional, long term partners for global and local clients.
Fiserv is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More