Director of Client Project Management
What does a great Director, Client Project Manager do?
The Enterprise Payments Solutions (EPS) Business Unit is a $60M business that is aligned within the Billing & Payments Group (BPG) of Fiserv. The Director, Client Project Management for EMEA is responsible for client satisfaction, achieving EPS product and quality goals, and planned profitability on all client implementation projects. This role also supports the final stages of the pre-sales process through to go live and the hand over to the Production Support organization. Additionally, this role is responsible for acting in client projects to further develop and enhance Dovetail’s EPS’ reputation in delivering product based solutions.
The Director, Client Project Management manages the EMEA Client Project Management team as well as working to ensure continuous improvement of EPS’s client facing processes.
This leadership role requires strong cross-functional relationships across the EPS business and with the EPS Business senior leadership team Executive Management Team and the Delivery Leadership Team by developing trust and credibility through collaboration. This successful candidate should be a proven, innovative, visionary leader with a demonstrated ability to work with demanding stakeholders by having demonstrated the ability to build relationships and influence client decisions.
The high level objectives of the role are:
Client Implementation Projects
- Successful delivery of client implementation programs and projects with respect to client satisfaction, Enterprise Payment Solution’s product and quality goals, and planned profitability
- Application of Fiserv EPS’s Client Implementation Process (CIP) methodology to EMEA based projects, ensuring that variations are understood and agreed through effective governance
- Direct the management of each client implementation project from Kick-Off initiation until hand-over to Production Support and Post-Implementation Review
- Adopt and improve governance structure and relationship structure between each client and EPS, and ensure proactive communication throughout project life cycle
- Facilitate strong and effective working relationships with appropriate stakeholders within the clients’ organisational structures
- Manage escalations from projects to a timely resolution
- Manage portfolio of client implementation programs and projects across the company, including handover from Sales, inception creation, monitoring, and close-out of each project
- Coordinate resource planning requests and assignment across client implementation projects, specifically for project management resources but with oversight of other resource requirements
- Manage the Client Project Managers and Client Programme Office staff, including recruitment, induction, coaching and mentoring, retention, development and performance management
- Short and medium term resource planning for Client Project Managers, assessing need for additional skills, resource and locations given input on company medium term resource plans
- Support Sales activity by providing guidance on the Client Implementation Process and planning, resourcing and costing of implementation projects as input to bid responses and Sales proposals
- Supply project management support for pre-Sales activity
- Review and amend Sales proposals as part of the pre-Sales/Bid governance process client implementation project aspects of bids in support of pre-sales team
- Participate in late stage pre-Sales support and project initiation
- Identify potential opportunities for add-on work through active client implementation projects
The Skills and Knowledge Required for this role is:
- Leads the definition and management of a portfolio of change and the portfolio road-map by aligning Client Project Management team objectives and resourcing to the requirements of the EPS Annual Operating Plan. Engages and influences project managers to ensure the portfolio will deliver the agreed business objectives. Plans, schedules, monitors and reports on activities related to the portfolio to ensure that each part of the portfolio contributes to the overall achievement of the objectives portfolio. Identifies issues with portfolio structure, cost, risk, inter-dependencies, impact on current business activities and the strategic benefits to be realised. Notifies projects / programmes / change initiatives of issues and recommends and monitors corrective action. Reports on portfolio status as appropriate.
- Directs planning Plans, directs, and co-ordinates activities to manage and implement a Client program from effective handover from the Sales process contract / proposal initiation to the completed final operational stage. Oversees ; plannings, schedules, monitorings, and reportings on activities related to the program. Ensures that programs are managed to realise business benefits and that program management is informed by an awareness of current technical development.
- Takes full responsibility for directing the definition, documentation and successful completion of all complex projects within the EMEA Delivery portfolio(typically greater than 12 months, with significant business, political, or high-profile impact, and high-risk dependencies),, ensuring that realistic project, quality, change control and risk management processes are maintained. Ensures that Monitors and controls resources, revenue and capital costs are effectively managed against the project budget and manages internal Fiserv and client expectations.
Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- Supports business change, acting as a single point of contact for senior stakeholders, facilitating relationships between them and the EMEA CPM team. Ensures that stakeholders understand available project IT services, and promotes financial and commercial awareness in order to deliver value-for-money. Conducts analysis of demand for services and influences stakeholders to ensure that the necessary investments are made to deliver required services. Negotiates at senior level on technical and commercial issues, to ensure that customers, suppliers and other stakeholders understand and agree what will meet their needs, and that appropriate service level agreements are defined. Oversees monitoring of relationships including lessons learned and appropriate feedback. Initiates improvement in services, products and systems.
Systems Development Management:
- Identifies and manages the resources necessary for all stages (planning, estimation, execution) of individual systems development projects to ensure technical, financial and quality targets are met.
- Ensures that CIP projects are planned and managed with a full understanding of any system development and configuration required for success and are supported effectively by the Software Engineering team.
- Acts as an escalation path for the management of risks and resolution of issues relating to software development within the CIP project life-cycle.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Minimum of 12 years progressive experience leading teams in a complex matrix environment for technical or software company/companies. Financial services with payment experiences a significant advantage although not a requirement.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience within the area of delivery and client project management
- Experience in the effective management of client facing commercial relationships
- Senior leadership experience in creating strategies to support a business, division or group goals
- Developed skills in balancing short and long-term projects to maximize business results.
- Bachelor's degree. MBA or Master Degree preferred
- Extensive international and travel (approx 50% at times)
Who We Are:
Enterprise Payments Solutions provides best-in-class payments and liquidity management solutions that enable banks to simplify their infrastructure and deliver effective digital transformation. Solutions are available on premise or in the cloud, scalable up and down, across functional and volume needs and offer unrivaled customer and segment personalisation. All are based on a single real-time architecture, providing flexibility for a bank in setting the pace of its modernization. Leveraging the continuing investment from Enterprise Payments Solutions and its world-leading client base, banks can rapidly achieve a measurable return on investment, increase strategic agility and operational excellence, optimize total cost of ownership and ensure regulatory compliance.
Dovetail solutions are underpinned by a strong track record of delivery excellence and a team of talented and trusted professionals who provide sector expertise and thought leadership. This drives Enterprise Payments Solutions’ reputation as highly professional, long term partners for global and local clients.
Fiserv is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More