Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a successful Software Development Engineering, Staff do?
Fiserv is seeking a talented software engineer to join our Bank Solutions division. This position requires involvement in regular new product developments as well as adaption activities on existing software. The Software Engineer will work in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirement gathering, application design, system development, testing and implementation.
In this role, you can look forward to:
• As a Software Developer, you will work together with product management, marketing, designers, technology, and architecture teams in an interactive/Agile environment
• You’re the kind of person who likes provide technical leadership for solving complex programming tasks
• You are responsible for the usage of technologies across the existing client products
• You will also design and maintain coding standards to enhance application development and maintenance
• Assisting team to explain functional requirements and review test cases
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent experience required
• Minimum 3 years of experience developing in software language such as Cobol, C, C#, Java or VB.net in professional work setting
• Good understanding of software development and ability to analyze solutions and design
• Quick learner, eager to use new technologies in team with varied strengths environment
• Previous experience in I-series AS400 development
• Related banking industry experience in platforms, banking applications, or online financial solutions
• Experience with Automation, Unit Testing and PowerShell
• Experience with Agile Methodology frameworks and associated tools such as JIRA/Confluence
• Disciplined approach to development including quality, testing, and documentation
• Influence, challenge, and defend technology decisions, not just execute static requirements
• Great communication, collaboration, teaming, self-management, and organization skills
• Analytical skills in problem solving and troubleshooting
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly develop working relationships
• Personally motivated to excel in assignments, continuously self-education, and mentor other team members
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with solutions to our banking customers. We deliver comprehensive bank platforms and value-added products and services for community, mid-tier, and large financial institutions. We offer flexible technology solutions that enable financial institutions to quickly align to customers' expectations. With a modular approach to delivery, financial institutions can preserve platform investments while delivering both updated functionality and a consistent experience across channels.
From understanding consumer needs based on the latest research to analytics and advisory services that help identify growth opportunities from accounts, payments and industry data, we help clients access and act on data to create better outcomes
Fiserv bank platforms – Cleartouch, DNA, Precision, Premier, Signature – enable banks to efficiently manage a wide range of activities such as account opening, deposits, withdrawals, loans, customer information management, and general ledger and accounting tasks. Each Fiserv bank platform has unique capabilities, but they all help our clients improve customer service and streamline their back-office operations.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.