Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a great Director, Software Development do?
You will lead the transformation efforts to modernize and re-architect a suite of applications. You will play a critical role in developing the technology roadmap to upgrade the applications while meeting business demand. You will lead the delivery of valuable working software to clients and their users. We are looking for someone who can execute fast with engineering excellence. You will drive multiple critical work streams in various ways and drive the engineering culture to become more client-centric.
The Director Software Development (Application/Solution Architecture) will have responsibility for Identifying and driving architectural, tool, and technology best practices across multiple teams within the Premier & Signature family in support of key strategic initiatives:
- Transformation of the User Experience for Premier, Signature, CRM, Corporate Cash Management, and Branch
- Move to industry leading open banking capabilities in Premier and Signature to drive transformation to Core as a Service
- Centralized Identity and Access Management in support of SSO and seamless integration
- Improving efficiency, consistency, and quality of deployment/implementation processing by building out full CI/CD pipeline framework
- Migration to Cloud for core account processing, services, and ancillary applications
As a Director, Software Development you can look forward to:
- Deliver solutions and product capabilities with speed and quality
- Drive engineering and technology excellence while working across multiple groups
- Enrich and build great teams who are focused on delivering high-quality results with speed
- Identify promising opportunities to improve engineering velocity through systems and tools
- Lead the group to develop, align, and deliver on measurable goals
- Evolve the product portfolio to maximize impact on Premier & Signature core platforms
- Guide and influence leaders throughout Premier & Signature to adopt new technologies and techniques
- Discover and apply technical insights that inform, enable and drive product innovation
- Partner with the Product Management and UX to implement Agile product development practices across cross-functional teams
- Define and refine engineering processes and practices such as version control, build pipelines, automated testing, code reviews
Basic qualifications for consideration:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science/ Engineering. 8 +years of leading development teams can be substituted.
Job Related Experience:
- 8+ years of experience leading development teams and organizations
- Experience leading technical development products across all phases of its lifecycle, from prototyping through launch and beyond through growth phase and into maturity
- Demonstrated proficiency with full-stack software development and a strong understanding of data structures, resilient services, and cloud-based deployment and scaling.
- Significant experience in delivering results in working with multiple independent teams but driving unified and seamless solutions for clients
- You must be comfortable working with product managers, designers, agile coaches, and clients to make decisions together in an Agile environment
- Experience managing and coaching managers as well as senior technologists
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
- Deep understanding of the latest software development technologies and cloud services is highly desirable.
- Lead the group to develop, align, and deliver on measurable goals
- Past experience driving transformation and taken teams from X to Y to deliver with velocity, helping with process improvement along the way
- Significant prior success as an engineering leader working on challenging problems and solutions that are global, highly scalable, performant that required rapid execution with high quality
- Experience using test automation, CI/CD to ensure high quality of software products
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with solutions to our banking customers. We deliver comprehensive bank platforms and value-added products and services for community, mid-tier, and large financial institutions. We offer flexible technology solutions that enable financial institutions to quickly align to customers' expectations. With a modular approach to delivery, financial institutions can preserve platform investments while delivering both updated functionality and a consistent experience across channels.
From understanding consumer needs based on the latest research to analytics and advisory services that help identify growth opportunities from accounts, payments and industry data, we help clients access and act on data to create better outcomes
Fiserv bank platforms – Cleartouch, DNA, Precision, Premier, Signature – enable banks to efficiently manage a wide range of activities such as account opening, deposits, withdrawals, loans, customer information management, and general ledger and accounting tasks. Each Fiserv bank platform has unique capabilities, but they all help our clients improve customer service and streamline their back-office operations.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBTQ+)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.