Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a great QA Automation Test Engineer do?
The Software Test Engineer (STE) role is central to the business and technology mission of CardConnect. Specifically, the STE will design, implement, execute and report on tests that exercise all aspects of the CardConnect payment Gateway and it’s supporting API’s during development projects and prior to implementation.
It is expected that these tests will include considerable automation of Web Services (JSON/REST, SOAP) that can be integrated into the overall build and deployment process.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Review requirements and other project documentation for completeness and testability given project scope and timeline
- Develop, implement and execute appropriate tests within established project schedules so that an understanding of deliverable quality can be established
- Contribute to overall team automation approach by integrating tests into the build and deployment of software products
- Communicate and document testing progress, results and other relevant information regarding the testing of systems and products to peers, leaders and product development teams
- Maintain testing and other relevant project-related documentation in response to ongoing improvement and evolution of products over time
- Collaborate with organization to advise on best practices for testing tools, strategy and techniques to integrate Quality in the entire product life cycle
- Establish subject matter knowledge of all aspects regarding our Payment Card processing business logic and how it is realized in our applications.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Working knowledge of testing web applications that are integrated with SQL databases, internal/external API’s with the need to perform end to end validation of business processes
- Demonstrated experience with secure Web Services automation of REST, SOAP, JSON on Java-based application servers
- Background in process development regarding test automation through IntelliJ and other Java-based tools
- Able to troubleshoot technical issues when assembling concise, complete and actionable defect reports
- Strong proficiency with Windows and Linux operating systems (shell scripting and command line)
- Knowledge of Build, Deployment Continuous Integration Frameworks such as Jenkins, Git and GoCD
- Established application of critical and systems thinking to the detailed testing of business systems
- Software testing professional that contributes to a high level of credibility within the testing team
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude with a focus on team success
- ‘Systems Thinker’ who can learn how our applications work, then apply that knowledge in high-value testing engagement on projects
- Must be able to take on the challenge of a fast-paced environment with high rates of change
- Effective and objective communicator, presenting facts without bias regarding assigned tasks
- Takes ownership of outstanding issues with accountability for their outcome
- Respects other’s opinions and suggestions, works to create an environment of trust and empathy
- Strong time management skills and an organizational ability to multi-task
- The ability to discern flexibility from compromise when it comes to testing software as a profession
The incumbent should be based in King Of Prussia, PA location. Additionally, we will consider candidates in NJ location as well.
Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer!
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.