Senior Windows Cloud Engineer
As a member of a geographically diverse and highly skilled team, you will install, configure infrastructure and provide advanced technical support for Cloud solutions as well as On-Premise, to ensure SLAs are met while providing stellar customer service to our 900+ associates. This entails providing server/network infrastructure and application support where applicable, as well as higher level support for all division-wide desktop and server computing, including hardware, operating system installs and configurations. You will also directly lead, coordinate and communicate high-end technical infrastructure and computer operational projects across multiple locations.
As a Systems Engineer you are to provide a technical learning environment and be responsible for mentoring technical team members to advance the teams overall skill sets. Join us and grow your career!
What does a great Senior Windows Cloud Engineer do?
- Configure, manage and provide technical support for physical and virtual environment (Microsoft Hyper-V), including hosts, operating systems, storage and network infrastructure.
- Configure, support and help to manage Enterprise O365 environment.
- Configure, design and support IAAS, Azure, AWS environments.
- Configure, manage and provide technical support of a Windows-Server based network, including Hyper-V clustering, Active Directory, RDS, roles of Windows Server 2008/2012 (DNS, DHCP, IIS, AD, Print, DFS-R etc.).
- Provide configuration and high level technical support for servers, operating systems and software applications. Installs and configures infrastructure software, hardware, and performs upgrades as needed.
- Maintain security standards, ensure data protection and PCI compliance.
- Participate in enterprise level security audits and successfully resolve findings using industry security best practices. Be part of the team that designs, manages and supports the LAN/WAN for all locations.
- Lead assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Ensure the availability, continuity, and security of data and information related to the organization.
- Available to provide 24-hour on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Ability to understand business needs, designing and deploying solutions that meet business operational and strategic goals.
- Assist with financial forecasting of expenses, budget and capital expenditure planning Address higher level support calls and collaborate with team on complex issues.
- Perform other duties as required
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree or High School Diploma and related work experience
- 5+ years of Windows Engineering experience
- 3+ years’ experience with cloud services – Microsoft Azure, O365, Amazon Web Services.
- Experience developing and deploying automation tools using 2 or more of the following: Bash, PowerShell, Python, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Packer or Git.
- Knowledge of network operations, hardware, virtualization, storage, and security is required.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, Domains Services, and backup technologies required.
- Experience with data center in a virtualized server environment (Hyper-V & VMware)
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Technical certification (MCSE, MCSE: Private Cloud)
- Extensive knowledge about APIs, RESTful services and integration with Cloud data providers
- Experience with NoSQL solutions
- Advanced knowledge of IAAS and cloud computing architecture.
- Solid understanding of DevOps principles, experience with operational tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, TerraForm, CloudFormation) and best practices for infrastructure and software deployment.
- Troubleshooting and logical thinking skills with all aspects of technology: desktop, server, networking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting ability with strong detail orientation.
- Ability to work efficiently and productively with minimal direction or guidance.
About our Business:
Fiserv Lending Solutions business provides life-of-loan support and helps banks, thrifts, credit unions and other financial institutions close loans more quickly, manage loans more efficiently, and service loans more cost-effectively. This minimizes lending risk, improves customer satisfaction, enhances cross-sell opportunities, introduces new products more quickly, and facilitates compliance with regulatory requirements.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More