Production Supervisor, 1st Shift
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
About Output Solutions at Fiserv
Output Solutions at Fiserv delivers business-critical communications to financial institutions, health and property/casualty insurance providers, billers, retailers, travel and entertainment companies and advertising agencies nationwide. With solutions including transactional document production and delivery, card manufacturing and personalization and direct marketing services, we help our clients streamline operations to contain costs, while building customer loyalty and generating incremental revenue.
SUMMARY: Responsible for supervising a team of 20 or more associates in the Second Shift Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide leadership and continuous improvement to the team in areas of quality, cost/productivity, delivery and safety.
Continually strive to enhance performance through solid analytical review of production metrics. Must be able to create and analyze the data for the department.
Achieve a Culture of Excellence through training, coaching and mentoring of associates. Instill behaviors relevant to Fiserv values, policies, procedures and performance standards.
Analyze production schedules and labor requirements and establish or adjusts work procedures to meet production commitments.
Assure optimal utilization of people, skills, and equipment. Work to continually improve quality and production output.
Coordinate with the team to meet projected schedules; monitor progress and updates management; resolve day-to-day conflicts in a professional and timely manner.
Responsible for appropriate headcount, expenses, and overall operation in areas of assignment.
- Additional hours and weekend work required during peak periods, such as month end, quarter end and year end.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in industrial management or related is preferred. Minimum of 2 – 3 years of supervision or closely related experience in a production environment or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Need very good PC skills including outstanding Excel skills.
- The incumbent spends the majority of time on the production floor resolving work issues. Physical requirements include walking, standing, sitting, and the use of hands to process work and use keyboard. May on occasion exert or lift up to 25 lbs. Successful performance requires good vision abilities including close vision.
- Functional Area Skills/Knowledge: Requires the following: Excellent knowledge of manual/insertion/print production techniques and methods, good organizational skills/ability to stay in control and maintain even handed approach while working with continually changing multi tasks in a deadline oriented environment; strong analytical, problem solving, delegation and conflict resolution skills. Must be adaptable to change and have the desire to make a difference..
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. It contains representative duties and necessary information to define the job classification within the job structure.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More