You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What makes a great Systems Engineer?
A Systems Engineer at BluePay (FISERV) is responsible for performing code deployments, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting servers, and assisting the development team when necessary. System Engineers are versed in a wide variety of technical skills related to sever/network administration, automation, and troubleshooting.
Systems Engineers will work closely with the software development team, level 2 support, and risk/security. They will be responsible for deploying code updates, ensuring both production and non-production systems are up to date and secure, and will monitor servers to ensure stability across the system. The System Engineers will also assist the development team to provide third level support of software applications where necessary.
A quality Systems Engineer is an adaptable individual, capable of rapid analysis and response to a variety of issues and situations.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Experience in Linux/Unix, focused on administration and support of multiple high-availability servers.
- Experience in Linux shell scripting (bash, etc).
- Knowledge of Apache.
- Experience with a configuration management system (chef, puppet, ansible, salt stack).
- Basic knowledge/understanding of network administration.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a System Administration, DevOps or related role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly in conveying complex technical information clearly.
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Experience with VMWare.
- Basic experience with a scripting language (Perl, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc).
- Exposure and understanding of SAN storage.
- Experience configuring and managing software and/or hardware firewalls.
- Previous experience in the payment processing/banking industries a plus.
- Experience with Postgres database a plus.
Candidates can work in either locations at Chicago, IL, Colorado Springs, CO, King of Prussia, PA or Atlanta, GA.
NO RELOCATIONS ASSISTANCE IS PROVIDED.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.