Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Success Profile Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Our developers are encouraged to be extremely creative. They’re thinking about design and user interface and decide how to create experiences that delight the customer when they log on.
Wade F, CIO, E-Payments
We’re looking for the most innovative people -- those who work with technology all the time, especially as a hobby. We want engineers that have built their own servers, used a raspberry pi kit, or have played LAN games. Because of our size and industry dominance, we have every opportunity that a developer would want. We are working with the newest versions of cutting edge technologies. Fiserv has so many opportunities. You can’t lose.
Will Casey, Manager, Application Support Engineering
Our associates may work purely as product developers working on multi-tenant platforms, maturing them over time by adding new features, getting rid of technical debt, and advancing technologies. This is the area where the most creativity and innovation takes place.
Eric Drudge, VP Technical Product Development
Fiserv Industry Awards & Recognition
Learn about the exciting kudos we receive for providing our customers with industry leading solutions, our associates with an outstanding culture, and the marketplace with a brand to envy.Learn More
Fiserv is a FORTUNE 500 company with a start-up feel. Learn about the benefits building products in a culture that values an entrepreneurial spirit and supports you with real resources.Watch Video
Benefits & Well-Being
Health / Medical / Vision
Standard for all associates
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Health and Wellness
Programs that help promote a positive work environment
Flex Time / Working Arrangements
Work from home full/part time, virtual opportunities & more
To encourage associate professional development
Recharge & Refuel
A time off policy that encourages you to maximize well-being
As a Senior Software Development Engineer you will be a part of talented people responsible for implementing a sophisticated enterprise online banking software solution in a fast-paced results oriented environment.
The ideal candidate has a background in software development with more than 6 years’ experience working in software development implementation projects. The candidate has also worked directly with clients, internal project managers, and development resources.
The application environment is .NET C# with a SQL backend and each project contains integrations with third party vendors including proprietary credit union and bank account processing systems.
Relationship building is an important aspect of the position, the individual will also focus on securing strong professional relationships with clients in anticipation of future business.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
.NETC#SQL Client Facing
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coding and customization work 30% and 70% will be implementation work.
- Review system issues and act suitably to fix the issue in a timely manner on each projects phase.
- Install company software suite at Fiserv’s Hosted servers or On-Prem client servers.
- Configure and Implement software changes to the system to assist in business custom requirements.
- Analyze and compile system change needs as requested by customer.
- Improve software to meet customer’s business needs and follow best practices, standards and documentation.
- Inspect changes before customer performs user acceptance testing.
- Handle customer User Acceptance, Outage Notification and Change Control procedures and documentation.
- Coordinate with customer to resolve issues.
- Handle customer request priorities.
- Extend user support and training to customer and support users.
- Configure changes and upgrade software systems.
- Take client engagement through lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, System Engineering and/or equivalent work experience.
- +6 years of software development experience preferably in the financial services industry demonstrating increasing responsibility.
- Strong working understanding of web applications
- Experience working directly with customers
- Language experience desired is C#, ASP.NET, Java Script and jQuery
- Knowledge of .NET and SQL Server, IIS, web development
- Strong knowledge of networks including VPN’s, VM servers, load-balancing, and terminal services is required.
- Proficiency with software development tools like the following Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, Araxis Merge (or another text file comparison tool), Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer, JIRA, Service Point.
- Experience delivering high volume, mission critical web sites such as Online Banking.
- Previous experience conducting training sessions in varied formats.
- Familiar with Credit Union account processing systems
- Previous work experience related to internet home banking applications is a plus.
Travel Required: 5% to 10% frequency of travel
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.