Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Our developers are encouraged to be extremely creative. They’re thinking about design and user interface and decide how to create experiences that delight the customer when they log on.
Wade F, CIO, E-Payments
We’re looking for the most innovative people -- those who work with technology all the time, especially as a hobby. We want engineers that have built their own servers, used a raspberry pi kit, or have played LAN games. Because of our size and industry dominance, we have every opportunity that a developer would want. We are working with the newest versions of cutting edge technologies. Fiserv has so many opportunities. You can’t lose.
Will Casey, Manager, Application Support Engineering
Our associates may work purely as product developers working on multi-tenant platforms, maturing them over time by adding new features, getting rid of technical debt, and advancing technologies. This is the area where the most creativity and innovation takes place.
Eric Drudge, VP Technical Product Development
Fiserv Industry Awards & Recognition
Learn about the exciting kudos we receive for providing our customers with industry leading solutions, our associates with an outstanding culture, and the marketplace with a brand to envy.Learn More
Fiserv is a FORTUNE 500 company with a start-up feel. Learn about the benefits building products in a culture that values an entrepreneurial spirit and supports you with real resources.Watch Video
As a Software Development Engineering, you will be a part of talented people responsible for implementing a sophisticated enterprise online banking software solution in a fast-paced results oriented environment.
The ideal candidate has a background in software development with more than 4 years’ experience working in software development implementation projects. The candidate has also worked directly with clients, internal project managers, and development resources. The application environment is .NET C# with a SQL backend and each project contains integrations with third party vendors including proprietary credit union and bank account processing systems. Relationship building is an important aspect of the position, the individual will also focus on securing strong professional relationships with clients in anticipation of future business.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coding and customization work 30% and 70% will be implementation work..
- NETC#SQL Client Facing
- Lead client meetings for multiple projects
- Review system issues and act suitably to fix the issue in a timely manner on each projects phase.
- Install company software suite at Fiserv’s Hosted servers or On-Prem client servers.
- Configure and Implement software changes to the system to assist in business custom requirements
- Analyze and compile system change needs as requested by customer.
- Improve software to meet customer’s business needs and follow best practices, standards and documentation.
- Inspect changes before customer performs user acceptance testing.
- Handle customer User Acceptance, Outage Notification and Change Control procedures and documentation.
- Coordinate with customer to resolve issues.
- Handle customer request priorities.
- Extend user support and training to customer and support users.
- Configure changes and upgrade software systems.
- Take client engagement through lifecycle.
- Should provide training and mentorship to team members to make them better on the job
- Review customer technical demands and instructions and assist internal team and customers to identify the best order for lifts, and the most efficient methods of maintaining and using delivered materials
- Attend technical training to acquire more knowledge of technical procedures and applications, and other job demands
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, System Engineering and/or equivalent work experience.
- +4 years of software development experience preferably in the financial services industry demonstrating increasing responsibility.
- Strong working understanding of web applications
- Experience working directly with customers
- Language experience desired is C#, ASP.NET, Java Script and jQuery
- Knowledge of .NET and SQL Server, IIS, web development
- Strong knowledge of networks including VPN’s, VM servers, load-balancing, and terminal services is required.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Experience working directly with customers
- Proficiency with software development tools like the following Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, Araxis Merge (or another text file comparison tool), Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer, JIRA, Service Point.
- Experience delivering high volume, mission critical web sites such as Online Banking.
- Previous experience conducting training sessions in varied formats.
- Familiar with Credit Union account processing systems
- Previous work experience related to internet home banking applications is a plus.
Travel Required: 5% to 10% frequency of travel
Who we are Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 company, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 23,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with deep expertise and a dedication to innovation. We have an exceptional team and we would love to hire someone who is looking for a fun, collaborative, dynamic environment where hard work is rewarded and recognized.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.