IT Business Consultant, Staff
What makes a successful IT Business Consultant? This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys installation and configuration of various platforms, you will be working with Fiserv clients and one of the top core banking platforms in the industry.
As a Business Consultant, you will join our Open Solutions DNA area to install, solve problems and maintain the DNA software and all subsequent peripheral devices in a dynamic environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the installation of servers and databases required to support the DNA Core banking system, setup of client’s laser check printing.
- You will work with clients and transfer knowledge to ensure clients are self-sufficient to support the product at the time of conversion.
- Work on deployment of workstations and peripheral devices that include, receipt printers, cash and coin dispensers and recyclers. Document imaging solutions with signature pads, and license scanners and many more.
- Implement client training and testing environments in support of client functional testing and training initiatives.
- Resolve issues as they arise and maintains reported issues within Compass.
- Work closely with client and Project Manager to schedule technical assistance and on-site visits. Maintain updated documentation related to client environments and project status.
- Build knowledge of new Fiserv products to be installed and create any necessary documentation for the installation of these products.
- Provide technical support to Implementations Consultants and other Implementations team members. Provide onsite and remote technical support for various stages in the conversion process.
- Support and management of internal Implementations servers, databases/testing environments.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in running, configuring, troubleshooting and/or developing the Open Solutions DNA software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work independently and as a team in a multi-project, fast paced implementation environment
- Experience working with Windows 2008/2012 Server and Windows 7, Microsoft IIS 7.5 and Microsoft Certificates
- Minimum of 3 year of hands-on standard Oracle installation to run the DNA system, Oracle, PL/SQL or SQL experience
- Current experience with the DNA Application Suite.
- Working knowledge of Oracle’s RMAN, OEM, and DBVisit or other database backup solutions required
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to make quick and accurate decisions are required. Strong communication and social skills, self-starter and motivated individual
- Proven troubleshooting skills and be able to resolve complex technical issues by conducting research through the internet and via internal knowledge base tools.
- Ability to travel: up to 50%
Preferred qualification for consideration:
- Experience with Citrix Metaframe or thin-client deployment preferred.
Who we are:
Fiserv is dedicated to providing financial accounting software that automates and streamlines day-to-day processing by reducing the effort required to perform financial accounting functions. Our clients include the finance leadership, financial and treasury accountants at leading US financial institutions.
"A large part of our mission is to enable our clients to deliver financial technology solutions and customer experiences that enhance differentiation and build their businesses. It is an honor to be recognized as one of the Most Admired Companies in the world for the fourth year in a row. I am so proud of our 23,000 associates worldwide who bring their very best to Fiserv for the benefit of our clients every day." - Jeffery Yabuki, President
Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More