You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Windows Systems Administrator, Sr. do?
The Windows System Administrator, Senior is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Your duties will include, but are not limited to, incident management, work-order fulfillment, change management, mitigating customer events, PCI compliance/audit, vulnerability remediation, patch management, DR tests, and/or ad-hoc activities to support business requirements. Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Engineer Windows system solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various stakeholders. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted groups and individuals.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent job related experience.
- 5 years Windows admin experience
- Experience with vSphere, VMWare virtualization software including ESX 6 and 7, SAN Administration, Active Directory administration including GPO design and implementation, MS Windows-based systems
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- ITIL Foundations certification
- MCSA/MCSE certification
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.