Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a great Python Developer, Sr. do?
As a member of the Card Services IT Team a Software Development Engineer is a key member of their assigned Debit Portfolio’s Agile Delivery Team. You will be collaborating with internal teams, product partners to build and deliver world class software. You will be involved in each phase of SDLC and working in an agile team following scrum process. Responsibilities will include but not limited to, coding and testing software development. They will also provide knowledge and expertise towards creating agile stories, tasks and contributing to planning sessions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Participate in all related Agile Delivery Team meetings to include stories review, and demonstrations.
• Understand and be involved with agile story definitions and planning, stakeholder analysis, risk assessment, organizational analysis, interface analysis, and the user experience.
• Understand applications pertaining to debit/credit card processing.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• 5+ years of experience in technical design, coding and full stack hands-on development of Python based application large module which involves system integration, data communication, environment setup
• Ability to present technical implementation to peers and architects, perform peer code reviews, experience in of all lifecycle components (code, test, build, deploy)
• Collaboration with multiple stakeholders including Architect, development, and product teams in delivery of product releases
• Perform quality review of technical deliverables, grooming and mentor junior team members
• Expertise in log analysis, debugging and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of RESTful architecture and security coding principles in Python
• Experience with security tools for Fortify SonaType & WebInspect scanning
• Self-starting, self-motivated, able to work independently with positive attitude
• Experience in problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
• Working knowledge and experience in Agile Scrum/Kanban methodologies
Preferred experience for consideration:
• Agile-based Team Development and Continuous Deployment Methodology.
• Technical knowledge of financial card services applications is a plus
• Knowledge of debit and credit card products and services.is a nice to have
• Experience working with remote and offshore development teams
Learn more about us.
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the eighth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with our card solutions team. Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
In order to protect our Fiserv community, Fiserv requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Fiserv complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.