You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv.
This Change Management role is focused on execution of the Change Management Process, utilizing standards and procedures, as defined in alignment with Industry best practices (Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
This is not a role focused on organizational or people change management.
The Change Manager will facilitate impact analysis, planning and risk reduction efforts related to all proposed changes with the goal of maintaining optimal performance for day-to-day operations while ensuring stability and predictability of the IT environment. The Change Manager will utilize a Forward Schedule of Change, Configuration Management Data Base (CMDB), Change Advisory Board structure and other mechanisms and is expected to provide feedback into these mechanisms for continuous improvement and optimization. The Change Manager is required to adhere to the strategy built around change management process that drives collaborative, data-driven business decisions with urgency and based on business priority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
- Accepts and reviews Requests for Change (RFC) submitted by multiple business units, requiring technical knowledge of infrastructure and business environment, for proper assessment to ascertain potential business impact
- Ensures strict adherence to established process and procedures for audit compliance
- Ensures adequate information is supplied for assessment of full impact
- Collaborates with requestors to ensure proper documentation is provided within RFC and coordinates with CMDB Librarian if CI is missing or not identified correctly within the RFC
- Facilitates meetings to address change inefficiencies or identified risks, with strong negotiation skills and ability to build consensus to avoid potential business impact
- Contributes as Change Management subject matter expert (SME) in support of end user requests for support and in outward communications to end users
- Responds promptly to phone, email, office communicator and in-person requests as needed
- This position requires that the candidate be available for a rotation of coverage as needed in supporting emergency situations. The candidate will be required to be a part of the technical analysis on-call rotation schedule during off hours. The selected person will be required to wear a company phone and respond within 5 minutes when paged/called. Must be able to work during off-hours, weekends and holidays as required
Education and Experience Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
- 4+ years of Change Management work experience preferably using ServiceNow
- 2+ years of work experience preferably in an IT environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills; business acumen and conflict management
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage workload and operate independently
- Familiarity with ServiceNow or other workflow management tools; experience with ServiceNow Change Management a plus
- Basic familiarity with technical infrastructure components and terminology
- Awareness of ITIL best practices, ITIL Foundations certification or higher a plus
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies a plus
- Change management
- Project management
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Remote (telecommute) position within the contiguous United States.
- Minimal travel (<5%) for occasional team meetings.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work may vary but generally Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position may require long hours and weekend work.
This role is not eligible to be performed in Colorado
Please note that salary ranges provided for this role on external job boards are salary estimates made by outside parties and may not be accurate.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plans and Incentives & Bonuses
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.