You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a Backup & Storage Engineer do?
The objective of the Backup & Storage Engineer is to ensure that backups are completed successfully for our clients and restores are performed as in when needed. Provide the Infrastructure support from the SAN/NAS perspective in order to keep the productivity and business moving without downtime or failure.
As a Backup & Storage Engineer, you can look forward to:
- Responsible for end-to-end delivery of Storage and Backup solutions to all customers.
- Work with other Infrastructure Services teams to deliver an infrastructure solutions that are technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of the business.
- Backup Engineers will manage the daily, weekly and monthly backup of data on servers across various platforms like Windows, Linux, UNIX, AIX, SUN, HP UX and ESX residing at various data centers across US via Commvault Simpana and Avamar backup tool.
- Team will be responsible for troubleshooting backup job failures, physical & virtual tape library, data domain errors and restore the backup as an when requested.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- High school diploma with relevant experience
- 1-3+ years of relevant experience in Backup and Storage technologies and concepts
- Knowledge on EMC Data Domain, CIFS & NFS shares, replication, VTL , direct-attached, and SAN-attached libraries
- Hands-on expertise on Commvault Galaxy/ Simpana, EMC Avamar
- Configuring Storage Policies, Subclient Policies, Schedule Policies, Vault Tracker policies, Data Interface Pairs, Index Cache
- Sound knowledge of GridStor, and LAN free backups
- Detail oriented approach towards troubleshooting different types of backup and restore jobs for diverse iData Agents
- Troubleshooting backups and restores for Windows/ Unix/ Linux servers, VMWare, NDMP, Exchange, Oracle/ SQL databases & clusters
- Understanding of concepts like Deduplication, Encryption, Compression, Replication, Global Filters, Operations Window, Restore by Jobs
- Willing to work Sundays through Wednesdays / Wednesdays through Saturdays and one day a weekend when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.