Network Analyst, Associate
This role is second shift.
2nd shift 11am to 9pm – four days per week
What does a great network analyst do at Fisev?
As Network Analyst, you can look forward to providing top-level technical support as a member of the Fiserv Network Operations team. Our primary responsibilities include proactive monitoring, incident response/troubleshooting, and break/fix engineering for a large-scale global network infrastructure.
About our Business:
The Enterprise Technology Group (ETG) business unit (BU) is a dynamic and critical part of the Fiserv organization. ETG System Engineers build and operate the technology platforms and services used by Fiserv BUs to deliver high-quality solutions and services to the industry. These Fiserv products support the information management and electronic commerce systems for hundreds of thousands of clients worldwide, including banks, credit unions and thrifts, billers, mortgage lenders and leasing companies, brokerage and investment firms and other business clients.
- Proactively monitor and manage a large scale global multi-vendor network infrastructure
- Provide expert level troubleshooting to quickly identify and resolve network related incidents
- Resolve issues and deal with difficult situations, bringing a high degree of professionalism and tact during stressful circumstances, represent Fiserv as a quality organization.
- Perform packet captures and provide analysis.
- Participate in special project teams, representing network operations on new implementations or troubleshooting deep dives.
- Thoroughly document network solutions, processes and procedures, and break/fix steps
- Assist with client testing, new implementations, and DR testing.
- Research new networking solutions to solve for problems or deficiencies.
- Identify opportunities for automation of manual tasks
- Create, review, approve, and perform network change controls
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a network operations or engineering role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a Networking based technology (LAN/WAN) either with work experience or applicable certification. CCNA skillset.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving complex network switching and routing issues. Experience configuring and independent troubleshooting of Cisco Switches and Routers.
- Knowledge of load balancing concepts is required, preferably with F5 or Citrix NetScaler.
- Thorough understanding of the OSI model.
- Proficient in troubleshooting with packet capture tools and network protocol analysis.
- Basic understanding of Linux fundamentals.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with clients, vendors, engineers, and managers at various levels. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical employees.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple requests with frequently conflicting priorities.
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others.
- Thorough understanding of multi-tiered SLA management, Incident Management, Change Management, and Problem Management.
- Proficiency with using network monitoring and management tools in a large scale environment.
- Must be self-motivated and able to think “outside the box”.
- Experience in defining and creating process documentation.
- Strong desire to learn and grow.
Preferred Qualifications For Consideration:
- Hands-on experience working with Cisco Nexus, Spine-and-Leaf Architecture, and F5 or Citrix NetScaler load balancing.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- Knowledge and experience with network management and monitoring tools such as Splunk, Extrahop, and CA technologies (Spectrum).
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python.
- Working knowledge of Palo Alto & Checkpoint Firewalls is a plus.
- Cisco ASA configuration and administration.
- Certificate management and SSL offloading.
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/Vet
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More