Project Manager, Senior
What does a great Senior Project Manager do?
The Senior Project Manager position is to ensure predictable, consistent, and successful delivery of detailed IT solutions to Fiserv’s clients through consulting and project management activities. You will plan, coordinate, and monitor medium and large sized/scope and budget projects. Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement, delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours, utilization (i.e. billable hours), client satisfaction, and team goal attainment.
Essential job responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of the implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects.
- Collaborate with all areas affected by the project, both internal and external.
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, and status report.
- Manage the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- You are expected to participate in cross-functional projects that span multiple business units across the Fiserv enterprise driving innovation, new product functionality, and overall product maturity.
- Create and maintain a project timeline for each project by identifying and monitoring: overall project timeline, project achievements, tasks, resources, ETAs, task dependencies, and critical paths.
- Control and track project performance, time allocations, cost, and quality by constantly evaluating project progress and conducting regular team status meetings.
- Display deep understanding of the organization's business strategies and apply knowledge to all project activities
- Establish relationships with all functional areas and run stakeholder expectations
- Ability to author comprehensive scope and solutions documents with input from technical resources.
- Problem-solving skills with ability to perform root cause analysis
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Project Management work experience may be substituted accompanied by high school dipoloma/GED.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a project management and/or consulting role.
- Experience managing cross-functional projects
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- PMP is not required, but a plus
- Experience with Clarity is not required but a plus
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More