Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Our developers are encouraged to be extremely creative. They’re thinking about design and user interface and decide how to create experiences that delight the customer when they log on.
Wade F, CIO, E-Payments
We’re looking for the most innovative people -- those who work with technology all the time, especially as a hobby. We want engineers that have built their own servers, used a raspberry pi kit, or have played LAN games. Because of our size and industry dominance, we have every opportunity that a developer would want. We are working with the newest versions of cutting edge technologies. Fiserv has so many opportunities. You can’t lose.
Will Casey, Manager, Application Support Engineering
Our associates may work purely as product developers working on multi-tenant platforms, maturing them over time by adding new features, getting rid of technical debt, and advancing technologies. This is the area where the most creativity and innovation takes place.
Eric Drudge, VP Technical Product Development
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a great Software Developer, Tech Lead do?
We just launched our CardValet mobile app which was developed by us from the ground up. The Software Developer, Tech Lead will serve as the subject matter expert for our full stack team in Chicago and will be responsible for owning the mobile apps, capable of supporting client branded and white-label versions which will be offered to 2,000+ financial institution clients. This position will be responsible for building out our next gen native mobile applications on both Android and iOS, with JAVA back end as well as maintaining and developing on-going features. You will be working with other engineers to develop and maintain high quality native mobile applications. You’ll be working in a collaborative environment with other internal teams within CardValet and within Fiserv to develop and manage functional mobile applications, while working in a fast-paced environment.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Design and build innovative, intuitive, secure and responsive native mobile apps.
- Collaborate within an Agile team environment to define, design, develop and ship new features.
- Grow and apply technical knowledge of software, hardware and open source technology stacks.
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications, design patterns and protocols.
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications in the Apple App Store and/or Google Play.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical topics to product owners, stakeholders and other business team members.
- A team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process and easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- 7+ years of practical experience developing enterprise mobile native apps for iOS and Android.
- Travel required: Travel requirements at least 40%
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
- Practical experience with the end-to-end DevOps CI/CD pipeline including one or more of the following: Jenkins, Maven, Gitlab, Sonarqube, CloudBees, Silk Central, Selenium, Cucumber, SVN
- Experience with analytics and performance monitoring SDKs (e.g. Crashlytics)
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience integrating or coding with third-party libraries, frameworks, and APIs.
- Ability to create intuitive, testable, maintainable, secure and efficient code
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Experience in the day-to-day practicalities of Agile software Product Development Lifecycles such as Scrum, SAFe, DAD, Lean Agile, Kanban, etc.
- High attention to detail and a knack for making a mobile experience beautiful
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the mobile design field.
Who We Are: With more than 2,300 associates, Card Services provides debit and credit processing, ATM monitoring, driving and ATM Managed Services, digital, fraud and risk, loyalty and analytics solutions and owns and operates the Accel®, Star® and MoneyPass® surcharge-free Networks. We deliver financial institution and consumer-friendly payments experiences to clients through a broad array of integrated solutions.
Card Services by the Numbers:
- 5,000+ clients
- 11 billion debit, credit, and ATM transactions processed
- 67,00+ surcharge and card-free ATMs managed
- Drive 29,000+ ATMs
- 1 billion+ accounts managed
- Payment network access at 1 million+ merchant locations
- 225 million+ payment network cards participating
- Handled $1 million+ in commerce in our busiest minute
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.