Business Systems Analyst
WhatdoesaBusiness System Analyst Do?
As a BA you can look forward to:
Under general supervision, assists with examination of business activities to determine system impacts. The Associate understands business problems and opportunities in the context of requirements and technical solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
Using a variety of technical and analytical tools, the Business Systems Analyst develops specifications for possible improvements and produce outlines of requirements for new or existing systems for construction. Suggests the data definitions, files and logical operations (business logic) the system will perform as well as the way data will be viewed by the user (user interface).
You’re the kind of person who will:
- Analyze and interpret data received from our interface partners, the information flows to/from our system, and consideration/suggestions of implementing additional products and services.
- Assist in formulating and defining Business processes of client requests and project requirement gathering to enhance or build new interface feeds.
- Develop features and requirements into a fully-formed project that details needs, features, constraints, and scope of a project.
- Work with manager to review processes around everyday duties and event management
- Interact with different groups to provide analytical support as needed.
- Assist in creating client and internal documentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Finance, Math or equivalent 5 years of knowledge and experience.
- 3 years’ experience in systems analysis
ETL Pentaho experience required
- Advanced knowledge of the investment securities industry theories, principles, and practices.
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
Background in trading and portfolio accounting systems
- Project Management, SDLC, Waterfall and Agile
- Occasional travel required (less than 10%)
Who we are: Investment Services team is the only technology provider to offer integrated, front-to-back solutions and deliver on the unified managed household (UMH) — a single view of total assets, liabilities and investment data for each customer household. The software does back office processing for investments. The Interface Enhancement Group defines, tests, implements, and supports internal and external system modification requests.
Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 company, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 22,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with deep expertise and a commitment to innovation.
At Fiserv, you’ll find a collaborative environment that values teamwork and open-mindedness. Our unique combination of expertise and innovative spirit helps us deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide. We’re helping more businesses move money faster and more easily than ever before. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More