Advisory Data Solutions Architect
What does a great Advisory Data Solutions Architect do?
The Solution Architect will play a key role in driving the solution architecture work for the Card Vision application. The candidate will be responsible for the data integration and solution design for ingesting data from various sources to the data warehouse for the Credit/Debit and Risk portfolios. The candidate will also partner with the development, delivery and product teams to provide the solution architecture and SME expertise for the releases planned for the application. This individual will be working in an agile environment with a highly talented business intelligence team, delivering software solutions utilized by internal and external customers. The candidate should have the passion for data, as well as data analysis and data quality. This position will require close collaboration with the delivery team, product owners, managers, and the QA team.
- This individual will serve in a leadership capacity to deliver new, market-critical products for data intelligence and API delivery.
- The candidate will also provide technical and strategic leadership to the dedicated agile data team.
- This position will have a direct impact on solution delivery for Card Service, in support of our clients and their customers.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Data Science, or Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience leading/mentoring highly technical resources, either directly or indirectly
- 3+ years of experience with BI tools, Cognos, Business Objects, Tableau etc.
- 3+ years of experience in designing and documenting conceptual, logical and physical data models, data dictionaries, entity-relationship diagrams, and metadata management in traditional relational database technologies including SQL, Oracle, or DB2
- Ability to travel up 10%
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
- Create the solution architecture for the Debit and Credit data migration and UI reporting.
- Document the data architecture and application environment to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture.
- Establish end to end vision on how the data from the legacy systems translate into the enterprise data warehouse solution.
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and integration of the corporate metadata, and build solutions to assure metadata accuracy and validity.
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship and frameworks for managing the data across the various portfolios, Credit, Debit and Risk
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, compliance and improvement.
- Collaborate with project managers, business leaders and other stakeholders involving enterprise data.
- Strong background with Data Intelligence (data mining, analytics and metrics) and API delivery.
- Experience effectively communicating with clients, vendors, teams, and senior leadership.
- Execute the tactical goals for the Card Vison application and align the long term deliverables to the strategic goals.
- Experience leading remote and offshore development teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical understanding of data modeling, design and architecture principles and techniques across master data, transaction data and derived/analytic data.
- Deep knowledge of best practices through relevant experience across data-related disciplines and technologies, particularly for enterprise-wide data architectures, data management, data governance and data warehousing.
- Highly competent with relational database design and structured query language (SQL).
- Strong familiarity with data management tools, including enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data quality tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools.
- Solid understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse technologies (e.g., Business Objects, Netezza, Oracle, SQL Server, Informatica) Hands on experience a plus.
- Strong aptitude to learn business processes/products and the role of data within the business domain.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of roles and responsibilities within BI and Data Warehousing (DA, ETL, BI, DBA, SE, QA, and PM).
- Working knowledge of Agile SDLC.
- Must be a recognized leader of data advocacy.
- Demonstrated ability to balance architectural theory with practical solutions.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing dynamic environment
- Ability to manage a large workload covering multiple projects and business disciplines.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Financial Industry experience a plus.
- Highly refined communication skills including facilitation, presentation, and documentation.
- Excellent organizational skills and results oriented
Who We Are: With more than 1,200 associates in nine primary locations, Fiserv Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
Card Services by the Numbers:
- 3,200+ clients
- 1+ billion debit, credit, and ATM transactions processed
- 28,000 ATMs managed
- 50+ million accounts managed
- Our debit network is accessible at 3.6 million point-of-sale locations and 535,000 ATMs
- Handled $1+ million in commerce in our busiest minute this year
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More