Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Develop, test programs and maintain the solutions based on J2EE technology and related frameworks.
• Collaborate within a team environment in the development, testing and support of software development project lifecycles.
• Develop web interfaces and underlying business logic.
• Prepare any necessary technical documentation.
• Participate in code reviews and code remediation.
• Perform and develop proper unit tests and automation.
• Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develop solutions to the problems.
• Perform additional duties as determined by business needs and as directed by management.
• Good analytical, organizational, and problem-solving abilities.
• Good at prioritizing the tasks and commitment to complete them.
• Strong team player / customer service orientation. Demonstrated ability to work with both end users and technical staff.
• Ability to track progress against assigned tasks, report status, and proactively identifies issues.
• Demonstrate the ability to present information effectively in communications with peers and project management team.
• Financial industry experiences a plus.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related discipline.
Job Related Experience:
• Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in multiple Frameworks
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in writing high performance Web Services, Web API and REST models.
• Experience in developing unit tests and mocking framework for Java.
• Should have good knowledge in Version control systems
• A strong background in Object Oriented design and development is necessary.
• Should have strong debugging skills.
• Knowledge of design principles, design patterns, mocking frameworks, and performance testing.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with agile environment.
• Must be comfortable with stories, sprints (working within a 2 week window to complete tasks).
• Must be comfortable with rapidly changing and/or loosely defined requirements that are refined over time.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.