We are seeking self-motivated, collaborative, intellectually curious professionals with a strong work ethic to join our team. Our "grow from within" philosophy will prepare you for your next career move within Fiserv. Our Finance department has a tremendous success record and is high profile, interfacing and influencing at the highest levels. You must have influential communication skills with an ability to efficiently communicate the finance story. Our Finance leaders constantly guide our business to increase profitability. Requirements for consideration may include; a Finance or Accounting related degree, Finance/Accounting experience, highly effective data analysis skills, modeling experience is a plus with high proficiency in Excel.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for an Accounting & Finance career at Fiserv.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
- Detail Oriented
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a great Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting do?
This position is part of the SEC reporting team and is responsible for assisting the organization in the planning, development and filing of periodic reports with the US Securities and Exchange Commission, including the quality and timely delivery of Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, 11-K and other external reports for a $15 billion publicly traded, Fortune 500 company headquartered in Brookfield, Wisconsin, as well as ensuring such filings are the result of a collaborative process with quality supporting documentation. This role will also have the opportunity to support the overall team in other areas such as quarterly analyses of financial results / trends, technical accounting research and various value-add projects for distribution to executive management. In addition, this position will have direct interaction with business leaders across various functions, including Finance, Legal, Investor Relations and operating group / business unit accounting.
As a Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting you can look forward to:
• Lead the planning and development of assigned sections of publicly filed reports with the SEC including financial statements, footnotes, MD&A and other disclosures
• Support Investor Relations with the preparation and review of earnings releases and other investor materials, including technical compliance and accuracy, and maintaining detailed supporting documentation for all financial data
• Contribute to the assessment of technical accounting and SEC disclosure implications of major corporate events including significant contracts, acquisitions and divestitures, debt and equity offerings, etc.
• Act as a liaison between Corporate Accounting, Legal, Investor Relations, Central Accounting and Operating Group / Business Unit Accounting and Finance teams for assigned areas to achieve quality and timely reporting
• Serve as a primary contact for Fiserv’s external auditors related to the completion of quarterly reviews and annual audits; partner with the Internal Reporting team on financial reporting matters
• Prepare financial analyses for inclusion within the quarterly executive financial review package
• Investigate financial results and understand impacts for communication to management
• Support assigned accounting and reporting compliance through accounting research, memo preparation and resolving technical accounting issues
• Assist with special projects and perform various other tasks and ad hoc analysis as assigned
Basic qualifications for consideration:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
• 2+ years of experience
• Strong working knowledge of public company (SEC-regulated) financial reporting filing requirements
• CPA license
• Previous experience working with Workiva, SAP, BPC consolidation tool or other financial reporting systems
• Large public accounting firm experience (audit background) and/or large public company SEC reporting experience
• Exposure to accounting research tools and strong research skills
• Understanding and working knowledge of current accounting and financial reporting issues and practices (U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations)
• Demonstrated technical skills including strong attention to detail, written and oral communication skills, ability to analyze financial statements and impacts, time management skills and ability to exercise sound professional judgment
• Strong writing and documentation skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to quickly learn new technology and systems
• Ability to work independently, high degree of self-initiative and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
*Any offers made on 6/1/2022 - 8/31/2022 can qualify for a $5,000 sign on bonus. Candidate must be able to start work by September 2022.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.