We are seeking self-motivated, collaborative, intellectually curious professionals with a strong work ethic to join our team. Our "grow from within" philosophy will prepare you for your next career move within Fiserv. Our Finance department has a tremendous success record and is high profile, interfacing and influencing at the highest levels. You must have influential communication skills with an ability to efficiently communicate the finance story. Our Finance leaders constantly guide our business to increase profitability. Requirements for consideration may include; a Finance or Accounting related degree, Finance/Accounting experience, highly effective data analysis skills, modeling experience is a plus with high proficiency in Excel.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for an Accounting & Finance career at Fiserv.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
- Detail Oriented
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a great (Director, Technical Accounting) do?
Provides company-wide oversight and direction over U.S. GAAP technical accounting, merger and acquisition accounting, and internal financial policy matters for a $15 billion publicly traded, Fortune 500 company headquartered in Brookfield, WI. This includes researching technical accounting matters and drafting related position papers, acquisition due diligence and finance integration activities, implementation of new accounting pronouncements, standardization of policy and procedures, special projects, and interface with the external auditors. The Director, Technical Accounting requires advanced research and analytical skills with a proven ability to drive accountability and results.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Perform analysis and technical accounting research related to revenue recognition, leasing activities, debt offerings, and other non-routine transactions that may arise.
- Perform and overall management of accounting due diligence, acquisition valuations, purchase price allocations and finance integration activities related to business acquisitions, partnerships and dispositions.
- Present complex accounting matters and relevant communications and analyses to management in a succinct manner.
- Assist with corporate accounting review of significant renewals / new customer contracts for appropriate revenue recognition considerations.
- Analyze the impact of emerging accounting standards on the Company and assess the broader implications for the business. Implement and educate divisions of necessary changes and ensure proper disclosure in public filings.
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the Company’s processes and procedures.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing across the organization.
- Serve as liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Assist with special projects and perform various other tasks and ad hoc analysis, as assigned.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
Job Related Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience required in public accounting (audit background), internal audit, and/or accounting with a large public corporation
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- CPA license (preferred)
Values / Qualities:
- Strong organizational / time-management skills with the ability to prioritize
- Self-motivated, pro-active, anticipates future needs
- Results focused while ensuring a high level of quality; detail oriented
- Ability to make decisions based on precedent and solve arising issues using sound professional judgment, experience and research
- Use of business understanding to solve accounting issues
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong interpersonal and written / verbal communication skills
Functional Area Skills / Knowledge:
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of current accounting and financial reporting issues and practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with and understanding of purchase accounting and revenue recognition concepts
- Process improvement capabilities and experience
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal and managerial skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; SAP and BPC experience is preferred
Travel required: Yes Percentage/frequency of travel minimal
Who We Are: Corporate Accounting Department
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
*Any offers made on 6/1/2022 - 8/31/2022 can qualify for a $5,000 sign on bonus. Candidate must be able to start work by September 2022. Internal employees not eligible.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.