Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Networking Knowledge, IIS Knowledge, Visual Studio, TFS, SoapUI
• Provide senior-level systems design, development, consultation and support for next generation core banking application based in C# and .NET, relational databases and distributed n-tier application platforms –
• In-depth understanding and demonstrated expertise working with Microsoft web-based technologies; Experience with ASP.NET Core is also a plus. ASP.NET WebServices with Soap, WCF, and REST.
• Must also be thoroughly grounded in the fundamentals of REST.
• Serve as a technical expert in the evaluation and testing of the capabilities, characteristics and requirements of existing and emerging technologies
• Conduct design and code reviews across project work
• Make recommendations as to feasibility of implementation
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to colleagues, users and staff
• Design, develop and implement comprehensive testing strategies. A strong understanding of unit testing, mocking and integration testing is required.
• Knowledge of and ability to utilize application design methodologies, tools and techniques to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
• Knowledge and ability to create models and standards to govern which data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and put to use in data systems and in organizations
• Knowledge of, and ability to use, strategies, practices and tools for developing content to support sale, implementation, support and use of software products.
• Knowledge of concepts, philosophies, processes and disciplines for service-oriented IT architecture; ability to design and manage a service-based IT architecture that emphasizes sharing of business processes and supports business agility
• B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience developing with .NET and C#; REST fundamentals
• Tenacious desire to continually learn new technologies
• Ability to quickly learn new technology and apply knowledge to solve technical and business problems
• Strong database skills a must. Should be completely adept when it comes to working with Oracle and SQL Server. Knowledgeable on every aspect of DDL, DML and DCL.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Experience working in Azure or other cloud-based environment.
• Deep knowledge of software engineering and computer science fundamentals (e.g. design patters, best practices, etc.)
• Experience with SOA, Web Services and large distributed systems
• Thorough understanding of security-based design patterns
• Solid experience with Agile development, estimating skills and time management
• End to end experience across the entire software development lifecycle (Design, Specifications, Code Review, Performance Testing, Unit Testing, guidance documentation)
• Track record of delivering production quality software.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a project team in a cooperative effort
In order to protect our Fiserv community, Fiserv requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Fiserv complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.