Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Software Developer, Senior
What does a successful Software Developer, Senior do at Fiserv?
Fiserv is looking for a Software Developer, Senior to join our Deposit Liquidity Solutions development group within Fiserv’s Treasury, Commercial and Surround Solutions (TCSS). This role is an experienced IT professional, with excellent problem-solving and communication skills. He or she is highly collaborative and can bring predictability and repeatable success to IT projects by employing methodologies and best practices. The developer will support our development and deployments that are utilized by internal and external customers. The candidate should have a passion for development and possess deep development skills in the Java and database code bases. As a senior developer you will be responsible for developing and ensuring adherence to technology and integration with other business units as needed within our highly visible-client focused applications.
This role will be expected to partner with Fiserv Product, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Documentation, Infrastructure, and Security teams to help develop go forward strategy. This includes presenting recommendations to senior management, and ensuring timely and efficient delivery of market-facing solutions.
Projects will encompass the development of new product feature/functions, large scale cross-platform integration efforts, refreshing existing legacy platforms, bleeding edge proof-of-concept financial services modules, and professional services engagements for some of the largest financial organizations in the world.
We are looking for someone who acts as a role model and mentor junior software development team members and adhere to methodologies, standards, strategies, and quality. The right person will influence others by demonstrating professionalism, passion/enthusiasm, providing communication/motivation and creating a collaborative environment.
• Working as full stack engineer for developing software applications following specifications, guidelines and tools provided by the company.
• Leading teams to solve production issues and determine root cause
• Creating software as a programmer adhering to standards and business requirements.
• Designing technical and functional specifications used in the development of Fiserv software
• Designing/programing internal tools, as well as, assist in prototyping for use in development of Fiserv software.
• Participating in planning sessions and technical discussions and demonstrate ability to translate ideas into technical designs.
• Attending Scrum meetings.
What you need to have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, an associate degree in Computer Programming, or equivalent education in a related discipline is required. Related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement
• 8-10 years’ experience coding and testing or developing technical solutions
• Demonstrated experience in delivering a complex business technology solution into production for use by business clients.
• Experience with Java development. Looking for a strong Java Full Stack candidate.
• Microservices architecture; API Development, REST API
• Experience on Spring framework, Spring boot, Spring Cloud
• Experience with RESTAPIs design and development and Swagger API documentation
• Strong knowledge in SQL and experience with at least one standard Database systems like MS-SQL
• Strong understanding and experience with development and support of mission critical applications optimized to run in enterprise data centers and deliver highly scalable, reliable performance; ability to roll up sleeves and oversee trouble shooting, performance tuning as required.
• Strong technical experience in UI technologies and design
• Ability to solve technical/engineering problems and execute on the solution through the development, testing and architecture teams, et al.
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience in system architecture, technical design, and system and software development technology.
• Experience on CICD using Jenkins; Developing and standardizing API patterns and frameworks.
• Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD process for enterprise applications using tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Maven etc.
• Working knowledge & experience with automating pipelines for about at least one Cloud platform (Azure, AWS)
• Strong grasp of automation tools Jenkins, Selenium, Cucumber, SonarQube
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns.
• Experience in architecting, transformation and implementation of cloud native applications, DevOps tools and associated technologies
• Experience with working in a matrixed organization, including suppliers and/or offshore resources.
• Ability to step into projects already in progress or in need of rescue.
• Background in the financial services industry preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
What would be great to have:
• Sound knowledge and experience with Java (OOP, Multithreading, Concurrency, Data structures etc.)
• Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, database theory, and operating systems.
• Working Experience in building and deploying applications on Cloud Platforms like AWS, Azure, etc.
• Working knowledge of building platforms using microservices, docker containers, Kubernetes, PCF, OpenShift, etc.
• Experience in Dockers and Kubernetes(plus).
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plans and Incentives & Bonuses
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Corporate Social Responsibility
Unique Suite of Solutions
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.