Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
What does a successful Senior Software Engineering Lead do at Fiserv?
A Senior Software Engineering Lead at Fiserv will join our Core Acquiring Front End engineering group within Fiserv’s Global Business Solutions (Payment Acceptance) business. In this role, you will be participating as a lead engineer responsible for mission critical platforms that support our payments acquiring business. This fast-paced online transaction processing environment requires a passionate, critical problem solver, who can balance platform stability and resiliency along with modern engineering practices and solutions.
What will you do?
- Lead engineering responsibilities for a key front-end acquiring OLTP platform (hands-on development and support)
- Design, build, and support resilient services / solutions
- Partner with business owners to define platform roadmaps and scope for initiatives / features
- Drive prioritization of technical investment on in-scope platforms
- Design performant, efficient, effective, and reusable technical solutions (partnering with architecture)
- Partner effectively with DevOps, Production Support, and peer platform teams
What you will need to have?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to clearly communicate with Senior Executives
- 10-15 years of experience in software engineering roles
- Significant experience in Payments processing
What would be great to have?
- Experience in the following technologies: C, C++ (TAL, COBOL a plus)
- Experience building on AIX / UNIX / LINUX platforms
- Experience leading / engineering on HP NonStop or Stratus
- Experience building solutions in public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) a plus
Corporate Social Responsibility
Unique Suite of Solutions
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plans and Incentives & Bonuses
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.