Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Senior Software Engineer
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a member of an Agile Scrum Team developing an integrated technology solution with our CheckFreePay Walk-in Platform. The existing solution allows customers to walk into various retail locations to make their bill payments and this solution is being improved and enhanced to provide scalable solution for our customers. You will utilize current technologies to create a technical solution based on business requirements from the product management office. You will be part of a team developing cloud enabled solutions utilizing leading edge technologies such as ASP .Net Core 2.x, micro services, MVC/Razor, Visual Studio 2022.
About our Business:
Biller Solutions is a leading global provider of billing and payment solutions. Our multichannel solutions reach customers via mobile, online banking, biller website, walk-in, IVR, and CSR channels. Our integrated cost-effective billing and payment solutions include electronic and paper bill production and distribution, expedited and recurring bill payment, e-lockbox and remittance processing. We are on the leading edge in utilizing current technologies to develop integrated and seamless solutions for our clients.
Reports To: Manager, Software Development
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Work closely with a Team of Software Engineers and Quality Assurance Analysts in all aspects of the Scrum/Agile product development process
• Work closely with Product Owners to develop and groom product backlog
• Along with Product Owners and Scrum Masters, participate in various Agile ceremonies to include Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Demos, Retrospectives, etc.
• Develop and implement new software programs
• Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
• Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
• Design and update software database
• Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
• Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
• Document designs and processes so that multiple teams can benefit from your work.
• Write production-quality code with the ability to develop entire feature sets that can be understood by more junior developers
• Test your code while developing as well as test other’s code (Utilize Test Driven Development approach)
• Help to identify process improvements and software development standards.
• Four-year degree in software engineering, computer science, or computer engineering is required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience writing software deployed in a production environment, preferably in a product development setting.
• Software development experience should include distributed server solutions with rigorous quality, scalability, robustness, and reliability requirements.
• Experience in inspecting coding practices and reviewing software designs.
• Demonstrated experience using common design patterns.
• Superior interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Willingness to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative, energetic team using distributed teams is a must.
• Experience with Automated Unit Test frameworks (MSText, nUnit)
• Experience developing applications utilizing cloud technology
• Experience developing micro services
• Developing applications utilizing Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Cloud based development & deployment
• Azure Dev Ops (ADO)
• Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
• ASP .Net Core
• Occasional, ~10%
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plans and Incentives & Bonuses
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.