You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv.
Mainframe DBA DB2, Senior
What does a successfulMainframe DBA DB2, Senior do at Fiserv?
The Sr. Mainframe DB2 DBA provides database administration and system support for existing production database environments to include performance of the following related tasks: query writing, configuration, database creation, security, system monitoring and tuning, disaster recovery planning, implementation and backup and recovery.The primary purpose of the Sr Database Administrator is to provide senior-level IBM DB2 technical support (administration, performance, design, and maintenance) for all Fiserv IBM mainframe-based DB2 applications. This support includes working with many different application teams and other Fiserv database administrators.
What you will do:
- Collaborating with Development, Operations, and other technical teams on new and existing DB2 project implementations
- Maintaining DB2 system options and SQL for optimum performance and availability
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of DB2 standards and roadmaps
- Providing on-call support
- Leading efforts to guide team to best practices for database usage, high availability and business continuity.
- Creating and supporting databases across internal and end-user applications.
- Maintaining databases, including all production, backup and development systems
- Administering database security across all database environments as appropriate
- Providing guidance to other database administrators to expand the role and capabilities of the database environment.
- Maintaining a state-of-the-art knowledge of existing standard methodologies in database administration.
- Mentoring Jr. level DBA's
- Supporting application deployment and provisioning of database systems during business and non-operating hours
- Crafting and developing database processes (i.e., stored procedures, configuration files, tables, views, and functions)
What you will need to have:
- At least 5 years hands-on experience supporting DB2 in large IBM z/OS Mainframe environment
- Associates degree in Computer Science/Management or related field
- Knowledge of BMC or/and CA database tools
What would be great to have:
Bachelors or Master’s in Computer Science or related field
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plans and Incentives & Bonuses
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Corporate Social Responsibility
Unique Suite of Solutions
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.